Looking for GT40 MK I

Re: Looking for GT40 MK I, Attn: Hershal

Martin, the Pics are general, they were selected from a vast array of pics on a discs that the website manager used. Were are in the process of revamping the site to include more cars actually made and supplied by MDA

However, most of the cars you see there are cars which MDA have either built, supplied parts to or Worked on. what people tend to forget is that I have been in this business for 16 years. In that time i have worked for GTD when they were based in Poole between 1988-1994. Whilst there, I had brought the parts department in line to send out between 8-12 kits a month! As well as supply the Workshop with all the build car parts. From the time I had with GTD, I have helped develop their products, parts and assisted in worldwide shows. During that time GTD made Mark One, their version of a mark 11, the Lola T70mk3b, The R42 and then on to the Unichassis etc. When GTD were owned by Ray and Graham, GTD were a Good company to work for. GTD had a good name in the business before the entity was moved to the midlands. I could finish this story as to the real reasons behind GTD demise, but I think most people alraedy know.

So Martin What is your point? If some clients that have pics of their cars on my website are embarrassed to be there, they can mail me and I will remove them.If you are making the point that GTD's are not MDA's, just remember where most GTD people get their parts from at present. Otherwize they will be removed soon as to the natural expansion of our website to include the Mark 2 GT40 and our new offerings due in two months.

Mark Sibley
MDA

MWGT40

Supporter

Mark,

There wasn't "a point" as such - if you read the post it was a question. I asked because I recognised Andrew's number plate and didn't know whether you had worked on the car or not, or whether they were general GT40 pictures. However, clearly I have touched a raw nerve (not sure why though).

Martin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Martin, There is no raw nerve.. Just nitpicking.. I have supplied parts to Andrew,And before he owned it for Alan Barlow, though Like I said, there arent many people I havent supplied parts to over the years. My website manager used pics that were on a disc of 1200 at random he selected these few pics, Though As I said above the site is in rebuild due to new pages with more parts, services and soon vehicles.

Incidently, The gallery pics are: Top row my silver car, My red car. Middle row, Roy Smarts in the background (Red) Andrew Fordyce's Blue foreground (Ex Alan Barlows) the middle pic is an original 40, then the Bond Gulf car right (Created for MGM Studios by MDA) The lower row Engine bays of Silver car and Simon Kelly's (Ex Tony Gordines Car) Was Green with yellow stripes, now of Course the Goldfinger Mk2 from Goodwood. Furthermore I delivered Tony's Car to his house where he came out, a little embarrassingly, with a build table for his new project with what looked like a hospital tea trolley!! Needless to say it did give way and had to go to plan B.

I have an excellent memory and remember who is and who isnt on my Christmas card list.

Mark Sibley

Oh and Martin, I nearly Forgot... Most of the underside of your car came from myself around 4-5 years ago. Your car was from Near Ashford in Kent, I will have to look up the clients name was it Mr Baker? It is a while ago though the guy was also building an Ultima.

Mark

Hello Mark,
Supplying parts, which, bye the bye, are no longer fitted to my car, does not entitle you to use an image of the whole vehicle for the purpose of soliciting sales through a web site without the owner's permission. The statements you have made above are not clearly presented on the web site and it is therefore reasonable for any consumer to assume that the cars on display have been supplied by MDA and that the owner, by association, endorses MDA's products and services, which is not the case.

For the record, all the development work on my car has been ably carried out by Frank Catt of Wealden Engineering and not by MDA, who have no association with my vehicle and whose products I am therefore unable to endorse.

Please remove the image and any reference to my car from your web site immediately. If you do not have permission from the other owners mentioned above then I urge you to seek their permission immediately.

I most certainly wish you well in your endeavours which I have watched with great interest and look forward to seeing and racing against JP's new 40 when you have completed it for him. The display at Goodwood which you worked on with Chris Melia was a triumph and did a power of good to the GT 40 movement as a whole, so I have no axe to grind. However, if you are to do business inside a small community like this it is important to, like Caesar's wife, be above suspicion at all times.

Andrew

Andrew
It appears that I have to repeat myself to make the point;
The picture gallery is a general picture selection of GT40s. This was put together by the website manager, he has been instructed to change the offending items, and remove them form the site forthwith. Again, Out of the nine pics, five were of cars MDA built. One is of Simon Kellys car, who has no problem with this. One original car in the centre for comparrison. Yours and Roys, Which has been removed, and the last one I thought was also Simons, is in fact Robin Batts yellow peril. I have instructed this to be removed as although I dont think Robin would react quite like this,he is a fine man, but to save anymore GTD handbag swinging, It has also been removed to save all the trouble in pointing out the obvious again.

In future, it would also be prudent to ask permission to use peoples cars for placing on the site, but as the owner of the pictures, permission is not usually sort if used in general picture gallery. The pictures used were done so in good faith and no offence was intended.

I trust this satifies the Linch mob...

Yours David Baliey

My list is getting shorter and shorter. One more down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark,
Thanks for dealing with this issue promptly. I'm sorry you seem to think there is a lynch mob, I can assure you there is no such thing and if you re-read my posting you will see that I am a supporter of your efforts.

I've put my handbag back in the drawer now and all my toys are back in the pram.
Andrew

MWGT40

Supporter

Mark,

I concur with Andrew - there is no lynch mob, you just over reacted to a simple question I asked for whatever reason. You could have just mentioned that it was a general selection of pictures without embarking on the diatribe that you did.

Anyhow, the position has been clarified and I suggest that we put an end to this thread before anybody else gets dropped off your Christmas card list!

Martin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andrew, I appreciate you being supportive, though I have to reason why you hadnt mailed me privately. Choosing instead to use the forum. I spelt "Lynch" incorrectly and I have acted on your wishes to remove the pic from site.

Martin, Also, You could have mailed me directly yet chose to use Forum for query. I dont always have time to view the Forum and respond to posts. Mail would have been correct. I like many have had trouble even getting on to the Forum lately due to the changes (and other things).

Brett, Should this post be moved to manufacturers, unfair play old boy..

I can see that valid experience of 16 years with these cars is not needed here, In future i will use my time more constructively.

Ron Earp

Admin

Actually, MDA the experience is needed here and I would urge you to stay. I have to agree with the others to a point though, I don't think images of cars etc. should be used without explicit permission of the owners or else people might be misled. I have to admit, I was misled as well since I had seen pictures of some of the mentioned cars and suddenly didn't know their origins.

Certainly with removal of the pictures the matter is resolved, or at least I hope it is. As for posting the material on the forum I really don't view this negatively, at least personally I don't. Forums are great for airing many viewpoints and allowing others to have a greater depth of understanding on certain issues. It keeps everyone straight and well informed, a good thing.

Ron

Ron,

What is the build state of your RF kit? I would like to come see it, if that is OK with you. I have seen one manufacturer, now I want to see another. What kind of schedule do you have during the week and on weekends? I would like to fly up there on a weekday, and return on the same day. That would suit me best.

Thanks,
Michael

Mark,
Just trying to make sure the threads stay in the right area. The thread has recently been more about copyright issues and your work that you have performed over the past few years, so I was making a a suggestion that it may be better placed in the Manufacturers section. Apologies if you took it the wrong way.

On a personal note, I have found you very accomodating and thoroughly enjoying talking to you, I think you already know that, from our few chats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I appreciate your expertise and guidance that you have given me already for my KVA, so please don't leave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Sometimes text can be harsh, they say the pen is mightier than the sword. So please do not take humbridge to all and sundry... I still luv ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brett

Back