Maybe he has a point.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Anyway, further to the ubiquitous and circular gun discussion, it could be worse!

Should flamethrowers be sold in the US? - BBC News

Of course, it is being sold for home protection.... :stunned: :laugh:

'Pathetic, Keith. Really. 'Pathetic.

TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU the very LAST 'personal' or 'home defense weapon' of choice any Yankee would opt for would be a freakin' FLAME THROWER. :evil:

I mean, good gallopin' KRYMUNY, Keith - that's LOW...even for you.

I know you're probably going to plead 'sarcasm' or an attempt at 'jocularity'...but, given other posts you've made, that 'defense/excuse' doesn't fly IMO...either for YOU or the loon at the BBC who penned the article asking the question.

Last edited:
Larry I vaguely remember people in Africa fitting flame throwers in the sills of cars to ward off muggers and carjackers. Protection is protection right:squint:

Bob

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Larry I vaguely remember people in Africa fitting flame throwers in the sills of cars to ward off muggers and carjackers. Protection is protection right:squint:

Bob

True Bob

More effective were the "Spiders" mounted on the top of you car! (Rhodesian war about 1976 - 1980)
Go on google it - up to about 30 barrels each with 12 bore cartriges

Damn those stopped people in their tracks!

Ian

Keith

Holy moly Ian! I also recall that in SA they fit "gun ports" into the armoured doors of regular saloon cars?

It all sounds very exciting... :stunned:

Keith

Far from it by comparison Al. That is scary right there and you're a long way away from that sh1t. Who said that anyway? :shifty:

Curious thing is, they live in their armed compounds and think life is great but it must be a tough one.. It's a real shame as I've heard it's a beautiful country but full of hate..

Mike Pass

Supporter
Having been to SA I would say that like anywhere it depends where you go in a country. I have been to quite a few places over there and felt safer there than where I live - Greater Manchester. I love SA and would move there anytime.

Cheers
Mike

Sorry, the lifestyle you ordered is out of stock.

Keith

I agree Mike, Manchester can be, er, challenging, but I've heard people say good things about SA too. I guess we just get the negative stuff in the media.. <sigh>.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Keith
The Rhodesian Spider was an answer to a terrorist war

If ambushed a farmer etc would be able to defend themselves in short order

Would that sort of thing be allowed in town no way, in fact there were roadblock on all town entry points and firing mechanisms had to be removed before proceeding town bound

The development of those weapons was quite something to see!

Ian

Back