MDA Unleashed

Hello all,

Well, it's only taken a couple of days to do this but...

Below are the MDA MKI build options and the prices for each. Mark has a nice range for anyone who is looking for a staged build package.

I will look after the importing (i.e. shipping, customs - paperwork) on this end and will keep Mark and clients in the loop throughout the whole process. Like I said in an earlier post, I've already gone through all the hoops regarding the importing so I figure I might as well assist others.

MDA GT40 MKI Body & Chassis Packages Price List

Standard Build Package: Contains a full space frame chassis complete with adjustable suspension arms front & rear. Shock absorbers & springs. Wheel hubs and ball-joints. Hub carriers front & rear. With a galvatex steel floor pan (optional) and all mounting brackets for the body fitment. Body is comprised of front panel, centre section, rear panel, left and right doors & sill panels, front bonnet insert panel & light back panels. The body made from lightweight GRP is trimmed & trial fitted to the chassis prior to customer collection. Standard colour is med-grey gelcoat finish or other colours optional. Body mounting bars & door hinge mounting brackets are included.

OPTION 1 - Body & chassis package as described above is £9500 / $17,995US

OPTION 2 - Body chassis package with aluminum panels fitted is £10500 / $19,885US

OPTION 3 - Body chassis package plus panels fitted & brake lines is £10750 / $20,370US

OPTION 4 - Body chassis package plus panels fitted, brake lines fitted & flexible brakes pipes. 4 pot calliper brakes w/ front vented discs. Rear vented discs and upgrade calliper with handbrake facility. Twin bias pedal assembly with cylinders, adjustable lever, throttle pedal with needle roller bearing fitted is £13750 / $26,055US

OPTION 5 - Body chassis package with all the above plus steering components fitted. Included are adjustable type steering column, intermediate shafts, steering rack and mounting kit. £14200 / $26,910US

OPTION 6 - Body chassis package with all the above plus fuel system installed complete. Fuel tanks, fuel tank fitting kit with pipes and hoses, fuel caps, fuel pumps & filters & fuel line pack in Aeroquip braided up to the engine. £16750 / $31,740US

Turn-key minus is also available, just call for pricing as there are just too many specs to list.

OK my fellow Canucks - no hockey? Who cares, now we can devote that time to building our GT40's! I am just finishing up the math and will follow up in the next post either today or tomorrow with the special Canadian Build Package of what is included and how much. This will be a to-the-letter build package with no substitudes or additions (well, kind of - I'll expand in my next post). This is what I've been battleing for now over 1 year into it.

Much, much more to come... a website teaser for now (due to launch in 10 days)

Attachments

• 52456-2005GT40MKI.jpg
    52456-2005GT40MKI.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 285

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Chris, Finally! Glad to see it all coming to fruition. I am looking forward to the Canadian pricing (for obvious reasons). I hope that the detailed list makes it clear what must be added to create a complete car. Perhaps my inexperience is to blame, but I have found many sites (and the existing MDA site especially) make it difficult to properly understand what ELSE is required to end up with a car on the road. I suppose if you have to ask you can’t afford it.... But really, how are you supposed to know if you can afford it if you don’t know the big picture. An engine and gearbox are easy to cost, but it’s all the small stuff that can really add up in a big way. It seams that the new RF pricing structure covers just about everything, making it easy to understand. I hope your Canadian list will identify what IS AND what IS NOT included. As you know, I am very interested in having a GT40 next to my Pantera and when I know what the real bottom line is (and within reason of course), I’ll move. I also am very interested in seeing your car when it arrives (has it yet?). Cheers!

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Chris,

This is good news for enthusiasts that would rather build their own car or that the CAV is simply more than their buget allows.

I'm really looking forward to warm weather and summer cruise nights, show'n shines. Be great to see your car at one of these events this summer.

Cheers

Hi Mark,

Yes, I will make it 100% clear as to what is in the Canadian Package and I will also have on the MDA North America website all the 'donor parts' (man I hate that term) but generally it will be such items that can be sourced fairly easily - anything else like the Renault UN1 I will take care of for the clients but may require another 'Final' shipment.

More to come Mark, everyone will be well informed.

Cheers-

Hi Ian,

I am going to try my best to get over to the Auto Show on Sunday, hope you'll be there so I can say hello. Where abouts' are you going to be located Skydome or in the convention centre? Let me know-

Hey, the more GT40's on the road here in Canada the better. I'll do my best to have something on the road this year - tough when you're dealing with a box of parts and only 27hrs in a day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Congrats, Chris. If I can make it down to Toronto to see Jim et al, hopefully I might be able to meet up with you, otherwise I'm waiting for the snow to clear to start fabrication...

Regards,

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Chris,

The Ford exhibit is in the Metro Convention Center North Building. I'll be there all day Sunday and evenings next week, see you there:)

Chris-

Great news!! Can you shed some light on crating costs, and shipping costs to the east coast, mid-west, and the west coast? And also the leadtime in weeks for each option.

Thanks

Bill D

I'm interested as well, but only in a turn key minus. I don't know much about MDA except from what you have posted.

Hi Bill and Jon,

I'll forward you guys the appropriate info sometime tomorrow or on Monday so I can accurately quote for lead times, shipping and some general info about the turn-key minus.

Thanks!

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bill and Jon,

I'll forward you guys the appropriate info sometime tomorrow or on Monday so I can accurately quote for lead times, shipping and some general info about the turn-key minus.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like that info also.
Thanks,
Ron

Chris-

Need some clarification please. Will the USD prices listed be fixed, or will they fluctuate with the dollar-pound sterling exchange rate?

Thanks

Bill D

Hi Bill,

The UK pricing is set so, yes, the exchange rate will be based on the day an order is placed. Good questions though, which prompts me to see if MDA would consider locking in a US and CDN price.

Can't hurt to ask - I'll let you know.

Oh yeah - maybe a MKII ?

Cheers-

Attachments

• 52740-2005GT40MKII.jpg
    52740-2005GT40MKII.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 218
...Or perhaps the Bell Performance Design/MDA (BPD-MDA) Lola T70 IIIB ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 52741-2005LOLAT703B.jpg
    52741-2005LOLAT703B.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 255

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Guys
I don't want to put a dampener on it but today it is 1.92 US$ to a GBP.

On the BBC it was stated that the Asisn countries are selling their $ reserves and buying Euro so the dollar is diving and the Euro Strengthening

Ask you bank for a confirmed buy forward rate

Ian

Back