MDA Unleashed

The US greenback won't tank forever, I'm confident that it will continue to rebound, slowly but steadily.

I'm looking into whether MDA would entertain the thought of a 'floating exchange rate' where if the US dollar goes up you get the benefit and if it goes down, the fixed rate comes in to keep the exchange afloat. Shipping prices are a fact of life whether it's delivered within North America by truck or overseas by ship, with fuel prices sky-high across the board there isn't much anyone can do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Chris, speaking of unleashed... When are you planning to unleash Canadian prices? Also, what are delivery times like at MDA after order is placed?

Hi Mark,

I just got the MDA lead times yesterday and I am waiting for Mark to send me the revised price list today. If I don't get it today, then I will post what I can tonight using the old list. I don't anticipate big differences. I also have the shipping info/pricing to post as well.

On it's way - I'll hurry!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

In an overseas purchase there will be the ship freight, then you will still have to truck freight to where ever you are in the country. There will be brokerage fees, dock fees, and duty to consider also.
I just imported a car kit(not a GT40)from the UK 2 months ago. It took almost two months from the time of shipment to my receiving the crate. I also had to file an ungodly amount of paperwork. The poor dollar did not help either.
I'm not trying to paint a bleak picture, just an realistic one. It's far easier to buy and ship a kit within the country you live.

Hi Reed,

There is definately a lot of BS and fees to deal with. However, at least in this corner of the world, I will take care of all of those things for the customer to make the process as enjoyable and stress-free as I can. Although the shipping and other fees do add up, I personally feel that they are worth it. In the grand scheme of things, anyone who is a buyer won't really care too much if they are getting something they really, really want - right Mark, Bill?. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but everything has a cost (in time, effort and money) and that must be weighed against the value. I'm sure that for someone who has more $$$ than they can count, price would not seem to matter, but I know a few "incalculably rich" guys, and they are amongst the cheapest guys I know. After all, they wouldn't still have it if they spent it like drunken sailors, would they? (no offence to drunken sailors...:) ) It would be nice if there was some magic formula where all the factors are appropriately weighted and the result was clear. IMHO, this is one of the most complex purchases I have considered, as there are so many factors to consider - all made more difficult by the distance of the makers and the inability to directly compare the offerings.

Lead-times:

8-12 weeks for body/chassis packages - (Option 1) 8 weeks, (Option 6) 12 weeks. Turn-key minus are 4-5 months, ordered this month (Feb) for the chassis packages, April shipment earliest, Turn-key deliverys in July.

Shipping will be approx $5000 for east coast deliveries. The road miles to the west coast will be more but I am in the process of getting the best rate I can with a reputable shipping company, bonded and insured.

More to come this weekend, including the Canadian parts list and the pricing (I promise!).

Back