MK3

My new Version with a MK1 rear . It was a long winter.........
gt40boettcher-hilter.jpg

While I love the usual racing front end, the Mk III has a lovely swooping touch of Lola or P*****e which is quite different and beautiful.
Car is looking good, Boetty.

Keith

Definitely the best combination for looks - MKIII front and MKI rear.. :thumbsup:

Makes the MKI front look dull by comparison..

Best looking Mk1 (?) out there! Thanks for posting.. :)

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I love the double headlights of the Mk3
But I believe the best rear is the Mk1

So what you have there I believe is the best of both

Very nice

Ian

Keith

From certain angles, it looks as if the MKIII front clip has more front overhang than the MKI? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

@ GTS. I sell it from Ebay UK , but it was a lot of work......

@ Keith . Yes the front from the MK3 is longer. My friend in the neighbourhoot drive a superperformance gulf. His front is shorter and the rear clip is a little bit smaller.

Today i buy old race wheels 13 x15 and 10,5 x15 . The next winter is long...............

Regards Boetty

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A wonderful job on that car!!!!

From certain angles, it looks as if the MKIII front clip has more front overhang than the MKI? Can anyone confirm this?

I have often thought the same Keith.. Also that the radiator grill opening was more narrow...

What a great looking GT40! :thumbsup:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I have had a KVA mk3 next to my DAX mk1 and the Nose in front of the wheels certainly looked longer

The owner of the Mk3 has since sold it or I would meet up with a tape measure to put it to the test

Ian

I think a MKIII rear clip with a MKI rear valence (tail lights/spoiler) & wide hips and a MKIII front would be very pleasing to the eye.

If it's a Mk3 body you are after to go on to one of the replica kits then i have a couple of customers at the moment who are changing their KVA Mk3 bodies for my Mk1 parts.

I guess therefore that these customers would be prepared to sell the Mk3 parts on if you were interested.

D.

the MK3 has "potential" as a touring car to some degree brought up to today's tech standards.A classic V8 not always in play with electric the
trump card.If body panels available I'd be interested.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The MK3 definitely had the sexier front end.. Very Lola-ish with the quad headlights mounted at different heights...

Back