Monterey

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
David you should be here, great company today, the entire trip was worth being with all the guys today it was a great company at the SPF display.

How's Colorado? My nephew and I are coming though in a week or so.

It was great getting to see the guys at Baja Cantina, Concorso Italiano and the track. The sad thing is, I never managed to see any of their cars, other than the black Mk 2 at Baja, and I never got to meet the owner before he hopped in and sped off.

Still, while the cars are admittedly great, it's getting to hang out with the people (even if only briefly) that keeps me coming back year after year. Looking forward to the next time already! :thumbsup:

BTW, the recently restored P/1040 was on display at Pebble Beach, and besides shooting photos of the entire car, I was given the opportunity to get quite a few good photos of the engine bay and interior (having a press pass literally does get doors opened for you!). I even was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and get a few photos of Henry Ford II and the owner with the car. I'll be posting those in the Original forum in the next day or two....

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Richard,

Pleasure meeting you!
And seeing Jack, of course!
:laugh:

I would have stayed longer, but wanted to see the race that was coming up... Definitely some excitement in those afternoon groups.

Kirby

It was a good day in Monterey! We had cars from Jack Houpe, Rich E., Jim Craik and myself at the Superformance display thanks to Lance. Owners in attendance that didn't bring a car was Kirby Schrader, 906er, and Mike Murphy. Please let em know if I missed anyone.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
David you should be here, great company today, the entire trip was worth being with all the guys today it was a great company at the SPF display.

Jack, I have to agree with you, I really enjoyed parking in the SPF display. I have been to a number of events where you park and people come and ask the usual questions...................

What is that?
Is that a Pantara?
Is that A Farrari?

As you folks know, after awile that becomes painful!

At the Historics, the audiance is self selected car folks and very knowlageble. The questions were good and the people interested. Having all the GT40s folks there was iceing on the cake.

I'll definately do that again next year.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Yes sir Jim the SPF display and gathering took 1st for the whole Monterey event in my opinion. I'm sort burned out on stop and go traffic and all the people.

To all the fellow Superformance owners I met, and I already forgot some I'm sure, but Richard, Jim and and Jack, thanks for letting me pick your brains on all your experiences with your cars. It was great to see all the little details each of you have contributed to your cars. Timing was perfect and I have a few great ideas to add to my car. I got back this week and Olthoff let me know everything is done and the truck is scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow and deliver it the first of the week.

Thanks again, and look forward to seeing everyone again at the next event!

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I see you... On the way to Concorso. Sorry we didn't have a chance to meet. Great event though...

Attachments

• SPF.jpg
    SPF.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 213
Jim and Richard,

It was nice talking with you guys at the SPF booth. I'm glad you had a fun and safe trip. Someday we should get a bunch of GT40s together and do a California tour.

Here's a photo of my GT40.

~ Randy

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 210

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jim and Richard,

It was nice talking with you guys at the SPF booth. I'm glad you had a fun and safe trip. Someday we should get a bunch of GT40s together and do a California tour.

Here's a photo of my GT40.

~ Randy
You SoCal guys are gaining in numbers, you could have a club of your own. But don't forget the rest of us. :laugh:

Your car is awesome!

Back