My Apologies

Sorry Guys

I lauched straight into the questions ( re Roll Cages) and missed the thread for introductions

My Name is David McDonough and am based in Adelaide . I am seriously looking at a CAV GT40 to use in competition. I recently visited CAV in Cape Town on a business related trip and thought the cars were very good. My backgound is that I am a mechanical engineer who ended up starting my own business ... some 15 years ago. I have competed off and on in motorsport for a number of years, mainly on gravel in cars like an Evo 6 and VR4. ( South Australian Rally Champion ) No doubt if you " google me " and put in my name and "rally" it will give you an idea. A few years ago we turned our hand to Tarmac rally racing and had good success. Our current car is a Ford Capri Perana which is basically a Mk1 Ford Capri powered by a very modified 347 cu engine. So similar power to weight as a GT 40 ... but severe lack of traction being able to only run 15 x 7 inch rims. the car has won Rally Tasmania and has becom an icon of the Perana web site.

Looking to upgrade to a GT40. As part of my business is in Defence engineering fabrication, we have access to a bevy of 5 axis machining centres, laser cutters and turret punches .. so making custom bits is a benefit we enjoy. My aim is to buld a competitive safe vehicle and spend the next ten years competing globally. ( I am 45 at the moment )

Having read through the threads of the web site.. I must commend you all on the content and professionaism displayed. It is a joy to read unlike other sites.

Now if I could only get John Spence to reply to an email...... I might be able to place that order for a CAV GT40.

Thanks for your help to date re roll Cages .. It is appreciated.

Regards

David

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi David,

John has emailed me a few times about not being able to access the forum. Apparently, he says that he cannot see the new forum at all. I could find no reason for that to be the case since I simply run the forum and have nothing to do with access to the web or how his Internet Provider might get to www.gt40s.com.

Anyhow, my point being is that he can't get PM's on the board here so email is going to be the best.

Welcome aboard and hope you stay with us a long time!!!!

Ron

Back