Name That Car

Keith

Points Jac yes. Graham, answers not questions mate... :)

Right, a little more obscure now Jac is warmed up....

More...

16-Copy.jpg

15-Copy.jpg

Keith

Nick, you are too good mate, yes Paramount. For bonus points, what engine?

The bottom photo is so easy - it has the name on it's rear fender. If it hadn't been for the financial clout of Japan (US) and the MR2, we could all be driving this car..... that's if we wanted to... :)

Last edited:
Nick, you are too good mate, yes Paramount. For bonus points, what engine?

Ford sidevalve, thought seriously about buying one once, but then again there aren't many cars I haven't thought about buying at some point. :)

I'm sure I saw one for sale somewhere recently.

Keith

Nick! You da man.. yes 1500 cc side valve (by Fomoco). I grew up with side valve engines and to be quite fair, for any low production sports car maker in the UK, Ford was always the obvious choice of powerplant. No-one else ever came close which is why I have always been a died-in-the-wool Ford enthusiast all my life.

The others can jump on the bandwagon as much as they like, but no manufacturer has ever featured more in the development of iconic low production sports cars than Ford...

Talking of which, the lower photo also features Ford propulsion....

Keith

:thumbsup:

And top one is Paramount with Ford 1.5 OHV Mk I Consul engine..

This one?

8-Copy.jpg

Jac MUST know this one.......:)

21.jpg

:thumbsup:

And top one is Paramount with Ford 1.5 OHV Mk I Consul engine..

This one?

8-Copy.jpg

Jac MUST know this one.......:)

21.jpg

Top Ogle
Bottom Rochdale Olympic

Is it normal or just sad, for a grown man to get so excited by this thread ?

Last edited:

Keith

One out of two ain't bad, yes Bottom one is Rochdale Olympic & very common in it's day

For a bonus point Nick, it was engineered for 2 different makes of engines - which ones?

The top is not an Ogle but was also very very common in the self build era.

I think this thread amply demonstrates that those of us who are "a certain age" grew up with all these cars which could be painstakingly assembled. Some were kits, many were not - just a body, whilst some were delivered complete but were 'parts bin' specials.

Get excited? Of course and why not Nick, this is our unique automotive heritage - The 'Tinkerers' :) I personally worked on several of these for friends..

So, what's the top one then???

For a bonus point Nick, it was engineered for 2 different makes of engines - which ones?

Riley and BMC possibly?

The top is not an Ogle but was also very very common in the self build era.???

Sorry your right it's a Fairthorpe TXS

I think this thread amply demonstrates that those of us who are "a certain age" grew up with all these cars which could be painstakingly assembled. Some were kits, many were not - just a body, whilst some were delivered complete but were 'parts bin' specials.

Get excited? Of course and why not Nick, this is our unique automotive heritage - The 'Tinkerers' :) I personally worked on several of these for friends..

Keith,

I didn't get into kit cars until the 1980's when I built decided the best way to learn a bit about cars was to build one an NG TF but I learnt a bit about the pioneers. I am now reliving my youth by building an GT40

Last edited:

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Yep ! definitley Michelle.
Hey paddock boy --whats this car then ? :laugh:

Attachments

• imagesCAYW0ZMV (Small).jpg
    imagesCAYW0ZMV (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 175

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Very close Jac --to be a propper Holden bogan you need to know the model ID
--and when you get that right you win a trip to Aus to complete the advanced bogan ID tour :uneasy: (and whileyadere bring some T44 castings --I'll machine 'em up for ya)

Nick, I think you're right with the Tornado as well -- good old blighty must have made a vehicle for every suburb in the country (GB)

Back