Name That Car

Thought I had this somewhere. Another view. Wing a bit higher and paint pre- metalflake job but defo same car.
Darren

Attachments

• Lola_T70_1973_1.jpg
    Lola_T70_1973_1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 279

Keith

Nice, very 289 Cobra, not seen one before..

PS (yes to Tornado Talisman)

More to come but will wait for this one..

Edit: Strangely enough I do know what it is but have never seen one in the flesh. Very odd name that doesn't do the car justice and is probably why no-one has heard of it. What engine did it have in it?

An Arnolt bodied Bristol is the closiest thing I can think of, but all the internet images I've seen the front grille treatment is slightly different

Regards,
Andy

Keith

Very pretty car - as it predates the Aceca by several years, perhaps it was the inspiration. I have heard about this car, is it the only one ever made?

Very pretty car - as it predates the Aceca by several years, perhaps it was the inspiration. I have heard about this car, is it the only one ever made?

I'd not heard of it until yesterday. Caught the owner talking about it on "Classic Car Club" while I was channel hoping. Thought it would make a good subject for this thread, so google'd it for an image. Owner seemed to suggest it is the only one in existence.

Darren

Keith

Nice one Darren thanks for posting the pic and info.. Mr Morton must have had a seriously misspent youth as he seems to know everything about fast cars, aeroplanes good wines and women (of course)...

Not only a fantastic little sports car but a memorable name too...

24.jpg

And another popular little beauty. Honestly we did make some half decent sports cars way back when, and I know we still sort of do, but not the same..

17.jpg

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
First one is a Swallow (the Doretti) The second was the subject of a report by John Bolster in Autosport in March 1959 - the P on the grill gives it away as the Peerless 2 litre GT and was made in Slough or Colnbrook (or both).

Last edited:
Back