Not open for further replies.
Re: New Chassis from Southern GT\'s

more..

Attachments

• 78409-DSCF0205.JPG
    78409-DSCF0205.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 1,386

After speeking to Mick today I understand that chassis 006 & 007 have gone off to paint, so hopefully some more pics will be following shortly.
Bud

I have been asked to post a few more pics on behalf of Southern GT's

Rear quater

Attachments

• 78500-DSCF0012.JPG
    78500-DSCF0012.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 1,397

Front end of gear linkage before tank is fitted

Attachments

• 78501-DSCF0018.JPG
    78501-DSCF0018.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 1,386

pedal box and steering column from cockpit

Attachments

• 78502-DSCF0025.JPG
    78502-DSCF0025.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 1,371

from above

Attachments

• 78503-DSCF0022.JPG
    78503-DSCF0022.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 1,378

and engine bay

Attachments

• 78504-DSCF0016.JPG
    78504-DSCF0016.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 1,428

Nice fabrication work Mick,It's looking good.
When do think the Ist car will drive out the doors ?
Even though you have orders for cars already You know that things could shoot away if the car proves itself on the track / road.
Keep the posts coming, watching with anticipation !
Last thing how do you get them rear chassis supports through the ally panels or is a trick of the eyes ?

Hi Keith i have been busy working on my own car (demonstrator)when the time allows as busy building
customers as you can see by the pics posted, and busy building chassis which have already been deliverd, If you ever in southampton area you are welcome to come and see for yourself how the supports are fitted it is not a trick of the eye, regards mick

Chassis # 006 on its way!! Better clear out the garage and dig out my tools, can't wait to get stuck in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif This day has been a long time coming but worth the wait.

It's a pictorial version of my initials - the letter "G" with an eye in the middle! Bit daft i know but I like it. I have designed a new steering device for skateboards (long and expensive story) and have used this image as an identifying mark for the device.

Met up with Mick Sollis on Friday to finalise the exact order for my chassis. I am so much looking forward to starting this project. Just got to finish building the garage before the chassis is ready for collecting! There's nothing like a dead line.

is that your chassie in the photo on the left,
if so do you have any other photos
thanks John Shand

Southern GT 006

From a consumers point of view I am extremely pleased with the service from Mick at SGT, the chassis was ready before me!!! It's very assuring talking to him about the car and how he has tackled the engineering/geometry/set-up and so on. I have settled for using a bog standard lump and UN-1 box to get me started. I think it is more important to build the best chassis and brake combination first and then upgrade the power output at a later date (if necessary)
Chris Melia is supplying the lightweight Body-shell. I just wish I could stop thinking about colours already (yellow today, white tomorrow, black by Sunday)!

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Web site.....

Hey Mick... hows things going...

Have you got a web site up yet? hope your having fun with that engine, my '66 289 is getting close to completion and im picking up the webers on saturday do you still need that info from them?.

Regards

Doc Watson

Last edited:
southern gt

hi doc things are going very well thankyou car is almost ready to fire up. The website will be updated very shortly with lots more pics so people can see what southern gt has been up to.I have found info on carbs and i hope your project is going well. Regards Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back