New Club Website

It’s Alive and it’s Free, the GTD40 Car Club has re-launched!

We wanted to let Forum members be the first to know that the GTD 40 Car Club has re-emerged as an on line resource for all enthusiasts of the GT 40 and other similar competition cars.

The first event covered is our annual trip to race in the Isle of Man and you will find a write up and video of the cars in action in our “latest news” section.

We have a vast on line photo library and back issue of our magazines for you to enjoy. Our video library includes thirty videos of GT40s in action and we are adding more content all the time.

Thanks to Ron Earp’s support we are keeping our section on the Forum for discussion and to keep you up to date on latest events.

Oh, and I forgot the best bit, MEMBERSHIP IS ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Come and enjoy the world’s first free to join car club at [URL]http://www.gtd40club.co.uk[/URL]

This forum has brought GT40 enthusiasts together from around the world and we want to add to your enjoyment of this truly great car and others like it.

Please use this GTD forum section to let us have some feed back and suggestions on the site, we really want to hear from you.

A few screen shots as a taster.

Attachments

• CLUB HOME.jpg
    CLUB HOME.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 257
  • CLUB LATEST NEWS.jpg
    CLUB LATEST NEWS.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 204
  • CLUB GALLERIES.jpg
    CLUB GALLERIES.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 222
  • CLUB CAR PROFILES.jpg
    CLUB CAR PROFILES.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 225
  • CLUB DRIVER PROFILES.jpg
    CLUB DRIVER PROFILES.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 215
Paul,
Congratulations on an imaginatively presented site, which preserves the best of the old with possibilities for the future.
It will be very interesting to see how your free membership expands.
I wish the reborn Club well.
Best wishes,

Mike Pass

Supporter
Well done Paul and Andrew. A lot of hard work gone in on this new venture. I have signed up already. Thanks again for many hours of keyboard bashing. You can get back to thrashing cars now!
Cheers
Mike

Thanks Martin - link now corrected.

Tony / Mike - thanks for your kind words, the site will be regularly updated and there is still a mass of content to add. Older magazines, technical articles, it will all get on there eventually.

We also have a number of fresh non competition items ready to be made active so they will become visible soon too.

If anyone has difficulty in logging on, please mail me and if any other errors/typos are spotted, (there must be some...:embarassed:) do please let me know.

Finally, if anyone would like to contribute any content, including pics/details of any cars they think people might be interested in (comp/paddock sections) then please do contact me.

Hello Martin,

The site only went live yesterday and depending upon who your internet provider is, the domain address may not be resolved correctly for up to 2-3 days.. (or so I was told)

Initially, strangely enough, I could not see it via Tiscali in Hampshire, but others were viewing it via BT in Somerset... so do check again a few times and make sure you use the F5 to refresh your web browser.

Let me know how you get on.

Absolutely well done...
Wish you had done my business web site!!
long live the GTD club

VCC56

Lifetime Supporter
Incredibly gorgeous site, Full of fab stuff, which I'm sure will tempt many petrolheads to become new members, and I am particularly hopeful that it will convince many more to come and join us on the hills and circuits. I am especially grateful for being able to race my Vipers with the club, as the UK Viper club seems to have no interest participating in club motor sport. Many thanks to Andrew Fordyce and Paul Thompson for delivering such a boost to our club, it has obviously taken masses of time, hard work and great imagination to achieve this. Well done, boys! I'm very proud to be associated with the re-born GTD40 Club.

Last edited:
As everyone has said so far - great site. I have signed up and will join as a competition member when the car is sorted and suitable for rushing up hills.

Many thanks Paul for your help on the '40. Hope the next SVA test is the final visit to the test centre.

Were you at Goodwood today with your bike? Met up with my brother-in-law, who owns several old British bikes but didn't see you.

Chris

Thanks all for the kind remarks, the site is coming along nicely and Andrew and I have lots of plans and ideas for future developments/enhancements.

I should point out the the 'guts' of the new site has been developed by Bluhalo Ltd, a friendly professional bunch of 'techie-wizards' whom Andrew and I have worked closely with and they have been very easy to work with. We would heartily recommend them to anyone looking to have a professional web developed. The system developed allows us to retain full control of content and its upload/availability, whilst ensuring that the site remains consistent and uniform in its look and feel. A full CMS (content management system) and whilst there are still a few teething problems (not that you'll see them), it will continuously be developed

I've also been asked whether we will be including earlier club magazines that were produced and am pleased to say YES, ALL previous magazines will be made available, again FREE OF CHARGE online, as viewable/downloadable pdf files to registered members, so not only can you view them online, you can print your own hardcopy too should you prefer. They will however NOT all be made available straight away, as we are looking to control / keep the site traffic to manageable levels in these early days. (some of the pdfs run to over 50MB each)

Chris, re Goodwood breakfast club, no alas I did not as I was working on my own bike and was not aware of the event till this evening...:sad: Also - re your RF, the first re-test should secure the registration requirements as the failing points were in reality minor. It will be great to have you along at some of the competetive events too, we already have a number of new members looking to join us on the hills and circuits, from Corvettes to Lola's....Excellent news indeed!

Hi Paul,
I'm very impressed with the site, well done to all involved but have one question.
You say :"ALL previous magazines will be made available, again FREE OF CHARGE[/B] on-line, as viewable/downloadable pdf files to registered members, so not only can you view them on-line, you can print your own hard copy too should you prefer. "
but
I cannot print from the pdfs of previous magazines, they are password protected.
Am I missing something or is that something you intend to sort in the future?
Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for the feedback and more importantly thanks spotting the problem with the pdf file. I'd tested the smaller article pdfs but not the mag ones which were converted some time ago...

I'll re-convert to pdf without the printing restrictions applied and update them later tonight when I get home.

They will ALL be available in time to download, view, print etc...

If anyone spots any other issues or would like to comment or make suggestions, please do as we welcome all feedback - positive :thumbsup: or negative :thumbsdown: - your input will enable us to improve and enhance the site as time moves on.

Hi again -

I've re-formatted and uploaded the 3 magazines currently available on the site so that they can be printed too. (All 156 Pages in 70MB ! - :stunned:)

Also - I've added a video link to the Roy Smart profile article in the news section.

Enjoy.. :thumbsup:

Hi again,

After speaking to new members registered on the club website, I've discovered that 4 people (of those I spoke with) did not receive a registration confirmation link to 'activate' their membership.

Not sure why they did'nt email me to ask why, but everyone else I am assuming has had no problems. (I hope)

SO - if you HAVE had a problem, or not received that initial 'activation link', could you please drop me an email, pm me, or let me know so I can investigate the reason why.

Thanks...

Back