New in Arkansas

I'm looking to get into a GT40. I saw where some guys on this forum went to last years Crescent Classic in Eureka Springs. Is anyone planning on having their GT40 there again this year? I would love to get a close up look at one. I'm about 3 hours for Eureka so would be an easy trip to make. Thanks.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I live in Gravette, I would be happy to show you my car, where are you? Brian Petty was the one at the Crescent with his SPF MK1

I'm in Mena about 80 miles south of FortSmith. What kind of GT40 do you currently have. I would love to see it. As you already know there aren't many GT40s in Arkansas so it would be very helpful to see one in person.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I'm in Mena about 80 miles south of FortSmith. What kind of GT40 do you currently have. I would love to see it. As you already know there aren't many GT40s in Arkansas so it would be very helpful to see one in person.

Mine is an superformace MK1 with aluminum block 427, twm throttle bodies. Just click on my name and check my pictures out. There is another SPF gt40 MK2 in Little Rock.

Mena has a great speed shop in town. :)

Yes Street Performance is awesome. I was just there last Friday. Mena is having its annual Rod Run car show next weekend usually a good show of cars not to mention awesome roads to drive on. I would love to set up a time to view your car. When would be a good time for you?

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Welcome Todd (or is it Toddl?) I live in Little Rock (but not in possession of a GT40), and as Jack noted, another site member near Bryant has yet another excellent example of this beautiful car (GT40 MkII). His name is Mike.

Thank you Jack looking forward to meeting you and see the car. When you get back in the state we'll set up a time. It looks like you really enjoy your car and lucky for me it is the same color scheme I was planning on.(only on MKII body)

Thanks also Terry. I'm about the same distance from both places (middle of nowhere) here in Mena but we have some of the best driving roads around. Have you had much experience with these cars?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Terry has great fabrication skills from the pictures I've seen, you don't have to own a 40 to appreciate fine craftsmanship. Todd I have driven your roads and they are a blast as the roads around NW Arkansas. Look forward to meeting you.

Thanks Jack. I can appreciate that as I don't own one right now either but love all types of cars old and new. I'll contact you again closer to Sept. to get a time lined out.

Back