New Member in San Antonio

Russ Rittimann

Russ Rittimann
Glad to be a part of this forum. I recently bought an unfinished Active Power GT40. Looks like someone started it years ago. Unknown vintage but I believe it must be an early version. It has struss rods to hold the front clip and radiator instead of formed sheetmetal (anybody help me here?). Needs alot of work to finish. Pretty much a roller with 302 (unknown condition), C5 suspension (based on calipers) and G96 transaxle. Not a problem from my end to finish. I finished a Shelby Cobra 427 S/C a couple of years ago that I build from the ground up (Hurricane Motorsports). Right now just cleaning up everything, especially the dust/dirt as it had been sitting awhile.

I certainly will need help with sourcing GT40 specific parts. The rest of the parts I'll have a handle on.

I've already determined how to modify the frame to move the seats back 4-6". I'm 6'3" so I fit pretty tight. I'm at the limit on my Cobra.

Looking forward to posting progress and comments from the forum.

Russ
image1 (2).jpg

I recently finished my Active Power GT40. Chris from Active Power will be happy with providing you with the car’s history and any parts you may need.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Russ!
Quite the project you have there - please feel free to start a Build Log in our Build Logs forum...
The original GT40's had a framework that sounds to be close to what you have there.

Welcome Russ,
That looks like a great start to your journey in completing a gt40! That's way better than what I started with! SA is a beautiful area I wish you nothing but good luck! Feel free to reach out to any of the members on this forum it is a wealth of information !!!

Back