New member, northern Ohio

Greetings all. Just checking into this world of GT40s and getting my feet wet. Don't own one, nor am I likely to obtain one soon but really like them. I gained an appreciation for these and the guys who originally built them and raced them from my stepfather, Mike Starling. I believe many of you have connected with him through the years. He shared many great stories from his past when I was growing up. I was able to see some of the historic racing at Pitt a few years ago and that re-kindled my interest.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s, Rich!
We hope you enjoy our forums!

Many thanks Randy.

Not to be a downer right out of the gate but I suppose I should share this sooner rather than later. My stepfather (Mike Starling) passed away last summer. He left my dear mother with a garage full of Sabre bits. My siblings and I are scratching our heads about caring for Mom (primarily) and how to possibly finish the work he had started. I understand that Sabre is no-more and although John Hester attempted to revive it under another name, that is also no-more. We siblings (3 boys - all stepsons) are somewhat resourceful, but none of us live nearby nor do any of us have shop space/money/time to dedicate to such a project for now. I suppose I'm the nearest in that I'll be retiring soon but the space/money part is still lacking.

That said, I think that we may still try to find a way to tackle this. It may be a while before we are able to begin but it seems a tremendous opportunity to get in the "club" of owners at a discount. Are there many Sabre owners out there? I know Lynn Larsen completed one in 2005 but hasn't posted here for quite a few years.

Rich

Neil

Supporter
Many thanks Randy.

Not to be a downer right out of the gate but I suppose I should share this sooner rather than later. My stepfather (Mike Starling) passed away last summer. He left my dear mother with a garage full of Sabre bits. My siblings and I are scratching our heads about caring for Mom (primarily) and how to possibly finish the work he had started. I understand that Sabre is no-more and although John Hester attempted to revive it under another name, that is also no-more. We siblings (3 boys - all stepsons) are somewhat resourceful, but none of us live nearby nor do any of us have shop space/money/time to dedicate to such a project for now. I suppose I'm the nearest in that I'll be retiring soon but the space/money part is still lacking.

That said, I think that we may still try to find a way to tackle this. It may be a while before we are able to begin but it seems a tremendous opportunity to get in the "club" of owners at a discount. Are there many Sabre owners out there? I know Lynn Larsen completed one in 2005 but hasn't posted here for quite a few years.

Rich
What is a "Sabre"?

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Rich. As you have plenty of time before you start, read through the build threads, there’s a ton of useful information within.
Enjoy the forum !!
Regards Brian

Back