new To the Fourm

hello I am new to the fourm but have just completed a superformance project GT40 mark 1. The car is a right hand drive right hand shift with a gurney weslake small block with 4-48ida's. It works awesome. if i can figure out how to post some pics i will do so

Can't wait to see the Gurney Weslake in the engine bay. Did you have the work done at Cobra Automotive? John Garuti had mentioned in conversation that they just finished a SPF GW recently.

The engine was built at Cobra Automotive by John Garuti. It is 331 cid based on the new Boss 302 block with NOS Gurney Weslake heads. It made 495hp and 481 ftlbs of torque on John's dyno at Cobra but we had a very old set of headers with a cobbled together set of collectors. John feels with the scavanger headers we have now it will make 515hp. The Stainless Steel headers that are now on the car were fabricated by Ken Thompson in Mooresville NC and they have beautifull SS megaphones no mufflers (a little loud) but not bad in the car. You can see a pic of the engine in the gallery under S. The engine was installed by Dennis Olthoff. As soon as i figure how to upload some pics I will do so

gary

Gary,

Your's is the car I heard about. Good luck with it! I'm looking forward to pictures also. John mentioned it was a gratifying project to work on.

Cheers,

Back