Nov 1 -- Bedminster, NJ -- Drive For the Kids

All,

I am a new member to your group and look forward to learning more from all of you over time. I am a longtime exotic car owner (primarily Lambos and Ferrari's, but do have interest in the GT40 as well, having seen them up close every time I have gone to Laguna Seca to the Historic Races in August.) I want to make you aware of an event on Nov 1 in the Somerset Hills area of New Jersey.

Due to popular demand, my 16 year old daughter Samantha is organizing a charity drive very similar to the successful one that she did in early June this year. We will be taking a leisurely 2 hour drive through the back roads of the Somerset Hills area. Please note that pre-registration is required and we are limiting the drive to 60 cars given parking lot constraints, so first-come, first served. Here are the details:

Date: Sunday, Nov 1 (raindate -- Sunday Nov 15)

1810 Burnt Mills Road
Bedminster, NJ

Time: 9:30 to 10:30 is check-in
10:30 -- drivers' meeting
10:45 -- Drive starts
1:00 -- Drive ends and lunch begins

Lunch: Starts at 1 pm
Will be at Somerset Hills Learning Institute

Cost: $100 per person (Note -- not per car)(includes lunch) -- a portion of which will be tax deductible

Charity: The beneficiary will be the Somerset Hills Learning Institute, a school for children with autism. My son is a student there, and the school has made an incredible positive impact on his life as well as that of our whole family.

How to Register: Go to www.somerset-hills.org. Click on "Drive for the Kids" on the left side of the page.

Who should come: The event is open to all sports, exotic and collector cars.

Gold Sponsors: The Stable.
New Vernon Coach and Motor Works.

Maserati of North America will once again provide items for the goody bags (lithographs, books).

How you can participate : Be a driver, a navigator, a sponsor, place an ad in our event program or provide goody bag items.

We would recommend that you bring a navigator if possible -- directions will not be complicated, and we will try to stay together, but it is not uncommon for people to get separated at some point and it is easier to read directions if you are not driving.

If you have questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

Regards,

Kirk

Time to register!!

All,

We have a good list of cars entered so far for the event but would like to see more. I know many of us wait until the last minute to sign up -- I am typically guilty of that as well. It would be a great help for my daughter, for planning purposes, if you register sooner rather than later -- a lttle over two weeks to go now before the Drive. I look forward to seeing all of you there -- it is a great cause and will be a first class event, just like last time.

Regards,

Kirk

Some of the cars that have registered:

Daytona
Enzo
California
Testarossa
512 TR
Murcielago
Mercedes 280 SL
365 GT 2+2
365 GTC
308 GTB (customized and turbocharged)
Gallardo
Elise
928S
2008 Ford Shelby GT Mustang
2008 Ford Mustang Bullet
911 Targa
GT3
911 cab

Where are the GT40's? I hope any of you that are in the NJ/NY/PA/CT area can make it.

Kirk

Postponed to Nov 15 (our raindate) given weather forecast for Sunday

All details remain the same -- just move the date on your calendar to Sunday Nov 15.

So...more time for others to sign up!
progress.gif

Back