Oh CRUD!

Ron seems to have made me Paddock Spokesperson, and, he would like a consensus (not that he needs it - he's just being polite) on the idea that Paddock becomes subs only, not visible to the 'public'.

Your thoughts are welcome.

My thoughts are - what's the difference? I suppose there would be a separate login but that's it. I never had any sense that it was 'public' anyway, although certain 'mission focused' posters may have used that attribute. I don't know.

!

This will make it sordid a bit like a smut channel, anyway what goes on here that deserves private viewing ?????????? And who the feck is Ron?? :):)

Bob

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
This will make it sordid a bit like a smut channel, anyway what goes on here that deserves private viewing ?????????? And who the feck is Ron?? :):)

Bob

Ron or Lateron as in after the 9pm watershed after which you can view this!
:thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ian

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Wouldn't it be nice. It would allow me to lift the 'ignore' tags on certain tossers.

It's Kennedy week on the television here in the UK. I think if he was still with us
he'd be a cool guy to be included in the paddock.

Who else - either from recent history or still alive -would you include?

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Guys

In my humble and unwanted opinion leave the paddock alone.

It's there for some fun and to allow one and all to vent whatever.

If the fire gets too hot get out of the kitchen, you have a choice.

The simple answer is that if you don't like it don't go there and don't spoil it for all because of a few narrow minded individuals.

The world is already too over controlled.

Dimi

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
As I understand this most recent shit fight was not even in the paddock, but in the all GT40 and SPF forums so why all the paddock bashing?
If someone throws their toys out of the pram and resigns that's their choice and as it had absolutely nothing to do with the paddock why are we even having this discussion?

Hi Guys

In my humble and unwanted opinion leave the paddock alone.

It's there for some fun and to allow one and all to vent whatever.

If the fire gets too hot get out of the kitchen, you have a choice.

The simple answer is that if you don't like it don't go there and don't spoil it for all because of a few narrow minded individuals.

The world is already too over controlled.

Dimi

I couldn't have said it better. +1 Dimi

Keith

All very true. I don't care either way but wouldn't want to lose the Paddock. Remember, it's not our toys or our toy box, nor are there any 'rights'

Still, the pendulum stops it's upward swing and starts to fall back.

It's like an election night!

Wouldn't it be nice. It would allow me to lift the 'ignore' tags on certain tossers.

It's Kennedy week on the television here in the UK. I think if he was still with us
he'd be a cool guy to be included in the paddock.

Who else - either from recent history or still alive -would you include?
Kennedy will only be allowed in if he agrees to bring his squeeze Marilyn, and she would have to agree on singing happy birthday to all the paddock drifters..

Keith

I say leave it as it is.

Don't think that's an option any more. I'll find out more soon. The question (simplified) is whether Paddock regulars would accept a private sub forum which would require a forum subscription (unclear whether that's a main subscription or a 'super' sub for paddock only) Forum would be private and not see able by regular gt40 members unless subscribed to specifically.

I too am baffled by the SPF thing coming to our door and I have robustly defended our position. We all know there are only 2 or 3 people guilty of festering a shit storm in the Paddick and all of us have been guilty of jumping aboard trying to act reasonable but probably fanning it further.

Ron has simply asked me to ascertain support for such a move. There has been no discussion of alternatives, but it doesn't take a genius to work out why the question was asked.

So, without speculation, that is what is being asked.

"The question (simplified) is whether Paddock regulars would accept a private sub forum which would require a forum subscription (unclear whether that's a main subscription or a 'super' sub for paddock only) Forum would be private and not see able by regular gt40 members unless subscribed to specifically.."

For the further benefit of clarity perhaps a simple YES/NO answer could be suggested.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Keith, in answer to your question, would I pay a subscription for a private forum yes.
But I suspect many would choose not to.

All the best fights are pay to view. No worries here if Subbing is required to keep the paddock. Rather sub than snub.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I renamed the title of this thread to be less offensive.
Until such point in time that The Paddock is locked down to subscribers only, I will be at least watchful over the titling of threads..

Carry on gentlemen...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I THOUGHT "crud" was a bit girly for the honorable Colonel...... no offense, or at least not very much of it meant....

At least it isn't "oh, fudge"...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ooh fudge what a nasty word.
I actually knew a fudge packer once.. Not in the biblical manner I hasten to add. SHE worked on the assembly line at a local chocolate factory.

Back