Oh CRUD!

"The Paddock ain't broke".

But it appears that the Superformance forum IS, with an average of only one post per day on a meagre four threads during the past month.
Hardly a quality read judging by the contribution - make of this what you will.

"You get nowt for nowt" so I will pay a due for the Paddock and request a discount for the shortfall on the Superformance Forum.

We're all busy driving our cars.

A good point has been made. These controversial threads drive traffic, and that's what gets the ad revenue. I used to drive a lot of traffic on a stock picker's site and they'd send me coffee cups, computer bags, hats, tee shirts, etc. Here, I get slurred, which I don't mind and consider part of the Wild InnerWebs experience. I would NEVER run squealing to the powers that "So and so was being mean to me and I demand he be removed because I've got a life time membership." I just give back what I get, like a man.

There are a few "folks" I've seen trying to pressure the management to shut this down and ban certain members. Three I've seen openly do it on the boards, and no young is not one of them.

Bye the bye, Randy is one of the fairest moderators I've ever read and should be treated with the highest respect.

FWIW, I say, 'leave it alone'.

I monitor the SPF forum and can't recall the shitstorm that is being referenced--hopefully I wasn't part of it, or worse yet, the instigator? :laugh:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
"The Paddock ain't broke".

But it appears that the Superformance forum IS, with an average of only one post per day on a meagre four threads during the past month.
Hardly a quality read judging by the contribution - make of this what you will.

Yes, I'm afraid that one overbearing owner has taken all the life out of the SPF fourm.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Keep it like it is. This place seems to have settled down mostly of late. I think Mark P.'s idea of keeping some of the more controversial stuff out of thread titles has really worked to keep this place on track.

the GOWG stuff is good, made me chuckle (and NO I do NOT want to join...lol) although, as originator of the term, I demand a return to GOWG. I like it better. Do it or I'll leave!

Oh wait.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Right, Dimi's a definite NO,

Pete is now a NO

Chris is a NO

Jimmy P is a NO

Craig NO

Jack is blowing around in the wind but his latest answer seems to be NO

I think we'll make 1800 ZULU the cut-off time for results.

Hey, pinhead! What am I? Chopped liver?

DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!

Keith

Please observe rule no. 1 of the forum which is that you treat fellow members with respect and refrain from childish name calling especially in cases where there is a more than a 50% chance of such an insulting adjective being, in essence, true.

Howzabout leaving the paddock alone keeping its content reasonably clean and have paddock XXX formed whereby mods can move iffy content to a place for members only if they feel its a bit near the mark.

Bob

edit. a basement with a dungeon :)

No ,leave paddock alone.

Last edited:

Keith,

Count yourself very lucky you did not meet Mrs Gardner or Mrs Restaurant manager. I am married (happily she tells me) to a Lyme Girl.

I will leave it to the part in my sons best man speech to explain, "Mary the silent assassin, she seems quite but believe me, cross her and she will rip you apart :eek:

Perhaps she should be your number two, she is used to disciplining naughty school boys, some of you Conservatives may like that, there again corporal punishment is not allowed these days so you probably won't enjoy it.

Judging by what she says about the paddock and it's member's (no idea how she knows :angel: ) perhaps that is not such a good idea after all!!!

Last edited:

Keith

My first wife was from Lyme. Following a typically fraught family picnic at Lulworth, she vanished without trace, well, not exactly without trace as bits of her show up now and then on exceptional Spring Tides. :evil:

Keith

Howzabout leaving the paddock alone keeping its content reasonably clean and have paddock XXX formed whereby mods can move iffy content to a place for members only if they feel its a bit near the mark.

Bob

edit. a basement with a dungeon :)

No ,leave paddock alone.

Content is usually ok if the subject matter is not designed to inflame - get my drift?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"The poll results were entirely, and in my view appropriately, manipulated by the fundamental Unwritten Law of the GT40.

250 (or whatever) were originally made and there are still just over 300 remaining...

Plus, I tried very hard to make the results look as if the poll was carried out in a professionally analytical manner. I believe herding cats to Albania would have proved simpler.

PLEASE REPLY ON THE 'OH CRUD' THREAD IN THE PADDOCK - NOT HERE."

Please know I don't follow orders/instructions well at all. I have an 'authority' issue.

(The 'cats/Albania' line put me on the floor!)

I would be in favor of no change to the Paddock, but if change were mandated for some God-forsaken reason, add a checkbox to the user profiles that would grant access to the Paddock if the user desired. If they don't want to see the Paddock, just uncheck the box.

Let each member control their own destiny...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I thought Lyme Disease was that feeling you get the next day from too much tequila and all those bad lymes that go with it. Plus all that salt. No?

Keith

" but if change were mandated for some God-forsaken reason"

For God's sake - don't bring Him into it. We've enough problems with L. Ron Earp...:shifty:

Keith

I thought Lyme Disease was that feeling you get the next day from too much tequila and all those bad lymes that go with it. Plus all that salt. No?

Er, no. The nearest you can get is an unmarked grave in a penitentiary and 10 kilos of the stuff on top of you. It's incurable I'm told.

My first wife was from Lyme. Following a typically fraught family picnic at Lulworth, she vanished without trace, well, not exactly without trace as bits of her show up now and then on exceptional Spring Tides. :evil:

Her name wasn't Miss Sarah Woodruff by any chance?

Back