OK: What is your PRESENT daily driver?

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
'90 BMW M3 Sport Evolution w/ Gr.N Racing Suspension. Good for track days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mine is a 95 Dodge Ram with a towing package. (Will need it one day soon) My other is a 5 Series BMW when my wife lets me drive it.
Bill

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
1998 German-spec Rover Mini-Cooper, the only vehicle (other than the moped mentioned above) that can always find a parking space in Annapolis, MD. And it goes around corners faster than the Ferrari.

I have a 2001 sienna and a 89 camry are the cars that we drive but I cant wait to get a 40.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Moderator Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning, warning!!!! Danger Will Robinson...no wait, wrong message. Anyways, if you guys don't stop trumping my 1995 Contour SE V6 everyday POS I will be forced to lock down this thread! The Contour pinch hits for my 1987 Merkur XR4Ti (with custom intercooler and underhood ducting, big valves, roller cam, SVO processor and more...great car but hate to use it up for daily work as I travel up to 250 miles per day and the car is too nice to expose to the winter here. So it sits in the garage waiting for my can of ambition to refill so I will get around to doing the brakes it needs. Driving it a little just makes me long for sumthin' really nice (that has the number 40 in it's name) that I can't afford now so there you go.

I could pick and choose from the cars listed here and have a very nice fleet of "daily drivers"....Hmmm.....J6's Maser, a nice F250 for towing and Home Despot missions, a Beamer or Jag for a proper sedan and maybe even a crotch rocket to scare the beejebers outta myself with!

Or as Emily Litella used to say, "Never mind"...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2003 Vauxhall Vectra. Well someone has to. Hope Mr. Clarkson isn't reading.
1996 Toyota MR2 Turbo. Wife's daily driver. Brilliant car - pocket rocket.
1985 Toyota MR2 Supercharged. My other track car if the 40 can't make it.

Hey Lee,
I was wondering if you had any info regarding the supercharger on your 85 MR2 as I'm considering putting 1 on my ute. I assume it's a 4AGZE engine. I can only find small pics and limited info on the actual supercharger on the net.
Was after any large pics of the huffer, air bypass vavle, associated pipework and wiring if at all possible. Found that this size puts out approx 6 pounds boost where the huffer off the 1GGZE (Soarer/SC400) punches out approx 8 pounds boost. Do you know of this supercharger? Will wire electric clutch to switch thru relay so can turn on/off as required. Could you e-mail me at [email protected] if have any info.
Thanks mate,
Scott
Thanks

Lee, Thanks for all the info. I now have plenty to read up on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Will try to post some pics after I have installed it on my ute. Will post some "before and after" pics of injection install.

2003 Viper GTS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

NOT,,,I don't realy have a daily driver, I car pool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks Eddy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Someone emailed about the Lotus, reliablity and power. So far the car is a reliable car, knock on wood. I wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere. Power, is isn't bad. I had soem free time at a friends shop and ran the car on the dyno. It produced 267hp at the rear wheels, 285 lb/ft of torque - not bad for a timy four. I'll post the dyno sheet as well. There is a lot more to be had since this thing is pig rich, as one can tell from the A/F. This was on moderate boost, around 14lbs. I do run it at higher levels of boost too, on manual control, but the computer has problems with doing that. Maybe I can get it sorted.

Right now though I'm concentrating on finishing my private pilot licence, in case people have wondering why there is no progress on the 40. Reason being is that we're moving soon and this flying club is 15 miles away right now, best to do it while I can. After the move it will be a lot harder to devote the time to learning as I'll be around 45 minutes away.

Ron
lotusearp.jpg

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
2003 Jaguar s Type sports 4.2 litre (256 ci).Wife drives a 1999 Subaru WRX STI. A terrific little rocketship and great value for money. And for fun on weekends a Honda VTR1000F.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
1999 Mercedes ML320
1988 Honda Civic stripper hatchback no option nippon fireball soon to give way to a 2003 Mini

I have a 2003 Porsche 996TT. I'm also driving a C5 Corvette, which I'm driving more and more to get acclimated with it again after so many miles behind a Porsche (center tachs are a really good idea!). Planning on turning the C5 into a track car.

Back