OK: What is your PRESENT daily driver?

Woohoo!

Just bought a 99 Diablo Roadster from Japan (not the one on the picture under my username, although same color). Having it sent to Texas to get sorted and get all the requirements met. Hopefully I'll have it in time for the Historics weekend! I'll try to make it my daily but don't know how feasible its going to be.

Cheers

After looking for several months, I just closed a deal on this 97 BMW M3 sedan, and I pick it up in NYC this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 22727-M3.jpg
    22727-M3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 272
thought I'd bring this one to the top of the list as there are now two threads.

My "grocery getter" is a black 92 Mercedes 500e, loaded with RennTech mods. The car won the luxury sedan class "one lap of America" event back in 97.
It has 600sl brakes on it with braided lines & a forced air cooling system,,,,,,
RennTech ram air system, ECU chip and carbon fiber airbox with K&N filters,,,,
H&R springs, koni adjustable & Bilstein sport shocks,,,
borla stainless exhaust system, gleason torque sensing diff, traction control delete, schroth harnessess, Ron Davis racing radiator, 18x8 and 9 AMG monoblocks with michelin pilot sport 285/35/18 and 245/40/18s on it.

On snowy, nasty days, (and to pull the race trailer), I use a 95 ford powerstroke diesel 3/4 ton truck. It's white, big, ugly & loud, but gets the job done.

I am in the beginning stages of restoring an original AMG Hammer. this is one of 13 cars in existance, and should be back on the road sometime in the next 6 months.
The orignal AMG 6.0 engine is long gone, but I am installing a 4 cam 500sl drivetrain in it.
The car has all of the other AMG equipment still on it though, from the bigger brakes (560sl) to the belly pans, ground effects, speedo, modified rear subframe, gleason diff, suspension & interior treatments.
I am also going to build a nitrous system for this thing,just for giggles.
This car is "signal red", so it won't be a "wolf in sheep's clothing" like my black mercedes sedan is.

My current racecar is my old 190e 2.3 16valve. It has seen eight years of track action now and is inneed of a complete "refurbish", but lack of time and money, are keeping this one on the back burner for now.

My poor GT40NZ kit has sat untouched for the last six months. My life kind of "blew up" last year, and I had too many personal issues to deal with, so the car just sat under a cover. I have recovered now (somewhat) and am anxious to start back on it again.

Mine is a 1995 Toyota T-100 pickup. Boooooooooooooooooring. My CAV is heaven!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Joseph

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I still have the Jag, wife told me "It was an old mans car"
I placed order for gt40 next day!! She has just taken delivery of a Mazda RX8

Attachments

• 32651-Jag.JPG
    32651-Jag.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 288

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
And my all time favourite ride!........ Come on lads I mean the thing with four legs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 32658-Jasper1.JPG
    32658-Jasper1.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 310
Back