P4 Questions

I build RCR P4's not Ferraris.

I also build RCR40 and RCR70...not GT40's or T70's....if you get my drift,

Our kits have always carried our RCR moniker ........I have tried not to upset the "Big Guys" by using their trademarked naming conventions.

One thing I don't fully understand is why some customers want "Can Am" sized wheels and tires. On the street I find 9.5 F 12.5 rears more than enough and even those sizes tramline a bit. Others??

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
When a car tramlines, it means that the car will follow any random groove in the road rather than responding solely to steering input.

Case: A motorcycle rounding a corner on the highway with grooved pavement - the bike will have a tendancy to follow the grooves regardless of input from the rider.

Jim,

Just looked, and I was unable to find the dates of Villa d'Este, and Targa Florio. Will you be at the Mille Miglia?

I would like to see the event in Reggio Emilia, just down the road from Modena (via Emilia is pretty boring), you need to get into the mountains !!!

Just watch that traffic around Sussuolo.

Thanks
Dom

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Ciao kenshiro

Gotta see those pics man!
Ferrari: Love the Look Hate to Own.

I was in beautiful Italy for 10 fun filled days, and one of those was a day in Marranello, at you know where. The tour was awesome. and the museum a blast. My wife and family were sick of me:pepper:. BTW my parents were the one that footed the bill for this trip and I can't thank them enough eventhough I was the driver for the trip (they are a bit slow getting around). The trip to Sorrento was spoiled by a visit with some Costra Nuestra.

I can tell you if I had the juice (bucks, cashola, moola, deenaro, etc) I would copy what Jim G has done. Jim your my hero. But we live in a diverse society. I am doing what I can to even get a RCR going.

That is why I am acquiring a RCR P4, Modern Race Car Equipment, Classic Styling, and done the way I want it.

Thanks Fran for the time.

BTW Fran sez 8" front and 12-13" rears so Thats that.

Jim I have found the type of tire tread was more related to tramlines When I road motorcycles certain types of tread where horrible on the roads. I got one of those with the bike I bought and immediately switched to some dunlops 591s and problem solved

Jim the reason for the super wide shoes is not for the street. I just don't like to trailer to a track event and go or haul a trailer behind my vette or the RCR to carry the track tires. This may change in the future but there it is.

eheh, sure Marc,
I understood at once and happy for your choiche too:D .

Think very few ones can be carnut at Jim's levels (just I hope he can save someday also the 33 stradale),know some more, all italians and they have a real illness walking together with an heavy wallet.
...remember that time in Jas Motorsports undergorund..inbetween all originals lancia race cars models...from s4 to stratos..and aurelia..and 037.
Lost there 2 hours to place 2 tyres somehwere..wonder why:D

Just a pray for u Marc:
if u are going to build a p4, please make a website with all the progress of your works.Think that will be too interesting.

For Fran:
..name the models as u want man,....for me u make only DREAMS!!:) ,and hope one day I can afford one.

Paolo

Ciao kenshiro

Gotta see those pics man!
Ferrari: Love the Look Hate to Own.

I was in beautiful Italy for 10 fun filled days, and one of those was a day in Marranello, at you know where. The tour was awesome. and the museum a blast. My wife and family were sick of me:pepper:. BTW my parents were the one that footed the bill for this trip and I can't thank them enough eventhough I was the driver for the trip (they are a bit slow getting around). The trip to Sorrento was spoiled by a visit with some Costra Nuestra.

I can tell you if I had the juice (bucks, cashola, moola, deenaro, etc) I would copy what Jim G has done. Jim your my hero. But we live in a diverse society. I am doing what I can to even get a RCR going.

That is why I am acquiring a RCR P4, Modern Race Car Equipment, Classic Styling, and done the way I want it.

Thanks Fran for the time.

BTW Fran sez 8" front and 12-13" rears so Thats that.

Jim I have found the type of tire tread was more related to tramlines When I road motorcycles certain types of tread where horrible on the roads. I got one of those with the bike I bought and immediately switched to some dunlops 591s and problem solved

Jim the reason for the super wide shoes is not for the street. I just don't like to trailer to a track event and go or haul a trailer behind my vette or the RCR to carry the track tires. This may change in the future but there it is.

Fran has a lot of experience with his creations so I'm glad you're going with the wheel size he suggests.

Good luck and do post photos!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
I can tell you one thing is for sure, Pictures Aplenty! No farm animals were hurt in the creation of this post!

happened right now

:D happened right now:
I saved ìn the shop a 1/24 Fujimi kit of the P4.
Is a damaged box...with no tyres and no PE parts inside....but fukimi doesnt had the p4 in catalogue any longer....:D I keep this box anyway ..cause sometimes I have to look at her.
A customer noted that and simply told me...:confused: ok, man..make the price u want for such..also if incomplete.

To avoid the deal I asked 50 euros...he bought that anyway.

:confused: and now already miss her....

:D ...I simply love some toys.
How i wish Exoto (or even better CMC) will make a decent mk1 gulf

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I build RCR P4's not Ferraris.

I also build RCR40 and RCR70...not GT40's or T70's....if you get my drift,

Our kits have always carried our RCR moniker ........I have tried not to upset the "Big Guys" by using their trademarked naming conventions.

Cheers to you, Fran, for being able to tread where others have failed before. As a younger man I had a yearning for a SBF mid-engine powered Kelmark, a replica of the 246 Dino with enough detail inconsistencies to be noticably different to even the casual observer. There were other Dino replicas, too--Magnum, Magnum 500, and one other whose name escapes me--The Karma, I think. None of these claimed to be Ferraris, but Ferrari jumped into their playpens with such vigor that these are no longer produced, just as McBurnie's replicas are no longer produced.

The Noble P-4 was also one I lusted after at that time, and I just assumed Ferrari turned the lights off there, too. At any rate, I sure am glad they seem to be willing to leave you alone--the industry needs diversity and your offerings are so well done that there might just be a future for those of us who developed a love-hate relationship with the Ferrari company.

Such beautiful cars, such ugly lawyers.

Again, Cheers to you, Fran!!!

Doug

-the industry needs diversity and your offerings are so well done that there might just be a future for those of us who developed a love-hate relationship with the Ferrari company.

Again, Cheers to you, Fran!!!

Doug

I agree with you that the car industry needs diversity, and really do believe that, if you modified the shape of the car you're replicating, Ferrari or whoever, would have very little legal ground on design/copyright litigation.

I believe the evolution of this industry, would be to slightly move away from a 100% replica, and have an 80% replica of the P4,Gt40, 917, Lola and so on.....

So this would be seen as an interpretation of the original design, still influenced by it, but not an exact copy, and this would keep lawyers at bay, and small replica sportscar companies still in business.

Well done Fran, and looking forward to more....:)

Just be careful guys...really,
Ferrari legals are as sharks,was impressive what I saw about "model kits".
The price of the legal war they moved over this little market was probably higher than any number (in cost) seen in such.
I am still scared by theme, really.

Best

marc

Lifetime Supporter
As an engineer I marvel at the quality or design RCR has presented. If you look at the package you see quality of chassis as the priority. the fiberglass skin is aerodyamic cover that could be changed here moved there is primarily for function. I bet that the Ford J is almost identical to it as their looks are so similar. I do find the original F car (p4) as the most sexy exterior styling and I like how it has been captured in the essence of the body presented by RCR. I don't want an original P4. I would be yelled at for how I drive it or care for it. besides most are in museums so that history will be preserved. How could you deal with the soccer mom that just destroyed the nose of your "unobtianum original race car", probably like Vegas tycoon Steve Wynn who accidently put an elbow through a irreplaceable Van Gogh (I think it was a VanGogh?). But more how you would be villified for it.

I want a dream. I want a dream I can drive with no regrets. I want to race. I want to race with modern safety in mind. I also want left alone to not wash it and give the finger to those that don't respect that. I will get enough "its a kit car" BS as it is.

BTW Paulo I have a complete Fujimi P4 somewhere in the house. I don't mind selling. I think its just missing a set of goodyear stickers for the tires (don't ask).

eh eh Marc,
If u need only the Goodyear decals for tyres I have...and are suitable for almost all race cars models in 1/24:)

Suspect anyway the P4 had firestone tyres..as the gt40 1075..even from fujimi.
Noting all the differece between original 1075 and my fujimi model..I deceided to finish it as a replica car, and so I've added slick good year tyres..and the look is impressive (also cause i've added really bigger tyres than original kit)

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Re: happened right now

:D happened right now:
I saved ìn the shop a 1/24 Fujimi kit of the P4.
:confused: and now already miss her....
:D ...I simply love some toys.

Here's my P4:

Attachments

• my_P4.jpg
    my_P4.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 483
  • myP_4b.jpg
    myP_4b.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 467
Back