P4 Questions

marc

Lifetime Supporter
I am considering that wing. ooh it gives me the shivers. that with a couple of ducted fans in the back and it may plant the rear. There is no accounting for taste, but to put a period on this is "He who has the gold, makes the rules.

If I ever will have a p4 replica I will try to finish that as an exactly replica of the real car (also in tags and stickers).
Noway for that big fast and furious wing...but the cars is him..so he chooses;) .

Also I note HOW different appear the back of the p4 if u use 2 or 4 rear lights (from nf auto website)

If I ever will have a p4 replica I will try to finish that as an exactly replica of the real car (also in tags and stickers).
Also I note HOW different appear the back of the p4 if u use 2 or 4 rear lights (from nf auto website)
Like this ? ;)

Attachments

• P4My24-CastleCombe-Rear-640.JPG
    P4My24-CastleCombe-Rear-640.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 440
  • P4My24Decals2-640.JPG
    P4My24Decals2-640.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 434
If I ever will have a p4 replica ....
Perhaps you can explain one thing for me, then Paolo (even though you're a GT40 fan) ....

Why is it that there isn't a single Ferrari P4 replica (Noble, Foreman, RCR - whatever) ....
.... in the whole of Italy ??

Confused, Paul.

Last edited:
For too many reasons, and I am happy to explain:
first of all the ENTIRE replica world is still totally unknown,people neither knows what a Cobra is down here( the few ugly 1970s pilgrims are usually sold at prices that sounds as an insult...)
Consider I was the FIRST italian joining this forum, and also the first (of 3 or 4 at today) one joining the gt40 enthusiast club.

For what about Ferrari we are in the most dangerous place where to have a ferrari replica,because the factory will seriously kill u and destroy the car nearly immediately(think also jail and public shame...:D much more than if u will kill somebody..).
I own a modelling store, and ferrari looks seriously also at originality of models inside my shop.

I think me and the few enthusiast guys I know down here will be able some day to have a very little group of Cobra and gt40s,but surely NEVER a serious ferrari replica (there are anyway..the nicest 250 GTO replicas are done by ex-Ferrari hands too in Modena area...but nobody has to know this...and usually for sale around 1 milion dollar,and mostly for foreigners).

And from what I read around, also replica manifacturers always try change something in ferrari p4 shape,surely trying to avoid penal problems(no reason to change the perfection, right?)
If all this will happen here, be SURE u will have very very serious problems.

The matter is in Ferrari itself, because too important part of italian automotive history and tradition.
When u buy that, or simply drive that..u have a piece of ENTIRE italy art masterpiece,exactly as if u have a brick of Venezia.(holy sh**:confused: I love gt40 and I am making my usual love declaration for maranellos a**holds...:confused: )

And I agree with theme:D but anyway love NF and Fran p4s too..

P.s: YES I mean wonderful p4s as your pictures one;) ...or as that nice one running around NY driven by a cool guy named Jim..

marc

Lifetime Supporter
To be considered a replica it would have to be more than a sillouette. To replicate the p4, and excuse me Jim, i have not weighed in on #846 which to me isn't a replica, but the piper's 9000 (ithink that was the number) and norwoods and i think a few, very few others could be considered a replica. replica would mean its a ferrari engine, transaxle, and all the other bits at least in look identical to the original part.

I don't have that kind of money, and if I did I would not spend it that way. I do like RCR's p4 sillouette. from the outside it kinda looks like a p4. and thats about the end of the f car comparison.

Come on, Aluminum monocoque chassis, corvette style suspension, Nascar brakes, designed for a lsx style motor and a porshe transaxle. This is a modern race car with a classic style covering. as for a wing, na not for me.

I may put a lexan extension spoiler on the rear if I need to adjust the aero. I will be putting winglets and duct work to get the nose to come down. I will add antisway bars and soften the suspension. Will definitely tweak the hell out of the suspension for Solo NASA and maybe SCCA.
I will not paint it (it will be red jelcoat) and if I have my way an LS-7 inthe trunk. Now you know what my goals are. Anybody intrested in sponsering or floating the loan? ;-)

To be considered a replica it would have to be more than a sillouette. To replicate the p4, and excuse me Jim, i have not weighed in on #846 which to me isn't a replica, but the piper's 9000 (ithink that was the number) and norwoods and i think a few, very few others could be considered a replica. replica would mean its a ferrari engine, transaxle, and all the other bits at least in look identical to the original part.

I don't have that kind of money, and if I did I would not spend it that way. I do like RCR's p4 sillouette. from the outside it kinda looks like a p4. and thats about the end of the f car comparison.

Come on, Aluminum monocoque chassis, corvette style suspension, Nascar brakes, designed for a lsx style motor and a porshe transaxle. This is a modern race car with a classic style covering. as for a wing, na not for me.

I may put a lexan extension spoiler on the rear if I need to adjust the aero. I will be putting winglets and duct work to get the nose to come down. I will add antisway bars and soften the suspension. Will definitely tweak the hell out of the suspension for Solo NASA and maybe SCCA.
I will not paint it (it will be red jelcoat) and if I have my way an LS-7 inthe trunk. Now you know what my goals are. Anybody intrested in sponsering or floating the loan? ;-)

Having sen Fran's P4 I think what you're proposing would work very well on his chassis and under his body.

Best

Back