Perfect for The Paddock. Are YOU a Psycopath?

Keith

This question has always intrigued me. I do not profess to understand the incredible complexities of the human brain. Heck, I do not even understand my own.

I watched this 'test' carefully, made my choices and waited for enlightenment. Bear with me but because I am suffering all kinds of crap lately much of which involves oxygen starvation of the body & brain I cannot figure out the summation.

I chose NOT to act in either of the 2 scenarios for reasons I am happy to explain, once someone has 'interpreted' this for me.

Warning! I may be a psychopath :stunned: - I still have no idea.

There are some clever medics on here - please assist. Thanks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUsGDVOCLVQ"]Are You a Psychopath? Take the Test. - YouTube[/ame]

Mike Pass

Supporter
Done the test. Yep - I'm a psychopath. So what else is new?

Cheers
Mike

Off to do some trainspotting..........

Keith

I had no doubts Mike but I need to understand the process..

What were your answers to the two dilemmas?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Personally, I'm waiting for my psychiatrist to return my call before I answer that one...

(Edit: Am I the only one here who took one look at the guy narrating the vid and said to myself..."Uuuuuuuuuuh...was he was type-cast much...?")

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Straight off - bye bye fat boy!

Cheers
Mike

Easier said than done from a physical standpoint though, don't you think? I mean, just how huge do you think the guy would have to be in order to stop/derail the train? Me thinks he'd have to weigh faaaaaar in access of what any of us could lift to say nothing of tossing him over the railing!

And anyway, what about those on the train who might be killed as the result of someone executing this or that choice/option/'solution'? Shouldn't we factor THEM in here somewhere?

Or do 'I be' over-thinking this whole dilemma a wee bit? :stunned:

Keith

Seriously I did not get a clear answer from the clip and that's why I'm asking. I said no to both options meaning :

Example 1. I took no action - I did not divert the train.

Example 2. I took no action. I left the fat guy where he was.

Maybe I am looking for a simple answer here but what the fuck does it mean? Wish I'd never watched the damned thing now.

To me and my twisted logic, Mike's actions would mark him out as a psychopath but I think he's winding me up anyway.

So, c'mon. How about the medical profession chiming in?

Doc Kaler? Jimbo?

Keith

Easier said than done from a physical standpoint though, don't you think? I mean, just how huge do you think the guy would have to be in order to stop/derail the train? Me thinks he'd have to weigh faaaaaar in access of what any of us could lift to say nothing of tossing him over the railing!

And anyway, what about those on the train who might be killed as the result of someone executing this or that choice/option/'solution'? Shouldn't we factor THEM in here somewhere?

Or do 'I be' over-thinking this whole dilemma a wee bit? :stunned:

I suspect that a psychopath wouldn't pause for thought period, so in my mind, that makes you a non variety Larry but there again, this game is very complex and I might be unquestionably clinically insane (I've always harboured suspicions ).

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Seriously I did not get a clear answer from the clip and that's why I'm asking. I said no to both options meaning :

Ditto. I refuse to play God...and that's what I'd have been doing there. No matter what, someone would die as a direct result of my actions...and I'd have been the one choosing WHOM. 'Waaaaaaaaaay above my pay grade...

Now, if the situation would have been something like a bank robbery wherein I was 'armed' and in the bank's lobby when said robbery was going down, and my life or someone else's was clearly at risk - BYE-BYE DIRTBAG. I'd have 'nooooooo problaaamo' THERE. It's strictly a "good-vs.-evil" decision.

Keith

Well I just wasted 4.34 minutes of my time watching the vid and I am now so angry that the music in my head has told me to kill myself.:furious:

Bob :)

Do it quietly - I am trying to dissolve my third wife in the bath and it requires concentration if I am not to lose a hand or two...:veryangry:

Keith

You gotta webcam in here Jack? :worried:

Damn! Oubloodych! I knew that would happen....

Lend me a hand someone?

I also said NO to both scenarios. Whatever that says about me I don't know.

As to the question of how big would the guy need to be to stop the train, well, that is irrelevant and not part of the question. The question merely states that the fat bloke would stop the train.

Keith

But without Googling Mark, can you remember what colour shoes the fat guy was wearing and exactly what time he was on the bridge? :blank:

Maybe I am looking for a simple answer here but what the fuck does it mean? Wish I'd never watched the damned thing now.

To me and my twisted logic, Mike's actions would mark him out as a psychopath but I think he's winding me up anyway.

So, c'mon. How about the medical profession chiming in?

Doc Kaler? Jimbo?

I would say that it is an understanding of numbers, you can't differentiate between 1 and 5, so you're not a psychopath but you have a learning problem. :)

Back