Perfect for The Paddock. Are YOU a Psycopath?

I'm very surprised Pete! It took you a whole three minutes. After about fifteen seconds, I realised that the presenter was a homosexual idiot!

But without Googling Mark, can you remember what colour shoes the fat guy was wearing and exactly what time he was on the bridge? :blank:

He is always on the bridge and doesn't need shoes, as he has never walked anywhere. He waits quietly and eternally, for someone to push him off.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
'm still mulling this over, and haven't decided yet.

And this is psychology, not medicine, so I don't have any expert opinion, I am afraid.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
. The question merely states that the fat bloke would stop the train.

Soooooooooo...you're willing to 'off the bloke' solely based on what someone somewhere claims is the case, IE: the fat guy IS big enough to stop the train! Just how was that particular little factoid determined, zackly?! :D

Keith

That's a good point actually. Supposing you heaved him over and you just heard a splat! and the train continued?

That would be pointless murder - you heartless psychopathic bastards.

Ah! :idea:

Soooooooooo...you're willing to 'off the bloke' solely based on what someone somewhere claims is the case, IE: the fat guy IS big enough to stop the train! Just how was that particular little factoid determined, zackly?! :D

No Sir! I already said I would have opted for 'NO' to both options. :)

I have no independant verification that five people were trapped, nor do I know that there is only one potential victim down the other track.

Plus, I like Star Trek. And as we all know, the needs of the many, do not outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

IF that person on the bridge, just happened to be the Mother-In-Law, well, I just may be tempted to take option 2 though.

Keith

Thought for the Day 1.

It suddenly occurred to me, that if the casual reader joins this thread without watching the video what on earth would he be thinking now?

Thought for the Day 2.

It suddenly occurred to me, that if the casual reader joins this thread after watching the video what on earth would she be thinking now?

Discuss.

Keith

Disagree. That's a non existentialist viewpoint and I will have to revoke your Paddock membership if you continue to promote your philosophy of theoretical solutions/explanations.

Keith

'm still mulling this over, and haven't decided yet.

And this is psychology, not medicine, so I don't have any expert opinion, I am afraid.

Oh - you don't say things like "well, look on the bright side" if the dose turns out to be too high? :shifty:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
"Always look on the bright side of life"... according to Monty Python..... of course, being Jewish, a certain amount of pessimism is built into my world view.....we tend to be a worrying lot....

Daffodils and a ribeye marinated in merlot, on the grill! Slaughtered that beef myself, makes me a psychopath?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
IF that person on the bridge, just happened to be the Mother-In-Law, well, I just may be tempted to take option 2 though.

Ah HAAAAA! Then for you it just depends on whom the fat person IS!!! Principle/morals 'got nuthin' to do with it! You PHONEY, you!

(I'm really lucky in that department, Mark. My in-laws are two of the nicest people on the planet. 'Real gems, both of them. 'Dead serious.) (They and my folks became best of friends almost instantly.)

Easier said than done from a physical standpoint though, don't you think? I mean, just how huge do you think the guy would have to be in order to stop/derail the train? Me thinks he'd have to weigh faaaaaar in access of what any of us could lift to say nothing of tossing him over the railing!

And anyway, what about those on the train who might be killed as the result of someone executing this or that choice/option/'solution'? Shouldn't we factor THEM in here somewhere?

Or do 'I be' over-thinking this whole dilemma a wee bit? :stunned:

Bearing in mind the passenger safety issues which cannot be ignored the train needs to slow prior too being brought to a halt. I propose throwing several fat people of increasing sizes off several bridges on route.:dead:

Bob

Back