Picture Upload

I'm trying to upload a picture in the "Start a conversation" window. When I press the "Insert image" icon I get the Link window (see picture below) instead. I just checked and the link in this window is working correctly. Would you please have a look and see if you can fix the problem. Thanks.

GT40ImageButton.JPG

Joel K

Supporter
Looks like you are hitting the link icon. If you want to upload a picture from your computer or iPad click on the little picture icon. Then there should be two tabs, one with an upload arrow and another with a link icon. You want the upload arrow icon then you can select your picture from your device.

The link icon is used to reference a picture that exists at a specific URL

Hope this helps.

It works here in a thread but not when I try and send a PM. Please try and send me a picture in a PM and let me know what you get. If you look at the small window I posted it isn't the same as when you click on the link icon.

Brian if it's something I'm doing wrong please let me know. I've been wrong more than a few times, just ask my X-wife. I spent almost 40 years working on computer hardware and software so I'm not a newbie but that doesn't mean I'm infallible.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Richard. This is definitely above my pay grade. I tried it from my phone and do two PC’s and I always get the appropriate box.
Sorry I can’t be of more help. Hopefully Randy and Ron can help more.

Regards Brian

Thanks Brian, certainly not the end of the world. Is that your Lola in the picture? Many years ago a friend was working on converting a T70 roadster into a street car with a 427 tunnel port motor. Last I knew he was having problems getting a windshield with a DOT stamp. What beautiful cars. Not sure what happened to it. I'm sure someone is enjoying vintage racing it.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
No Richard, unfortunately it is not mine. I have a RCR Lola T70 MK3B coming. I have ordered a all aluminum Brodix BBC with Kinsler 8 stack EFI from PRESTIGE for it also . I have a new Ricardo 6 speed transaxle as well . I kinda feel like Johnny Cash “1 piece at a time”. I had Baer Brakes make up some custom calipers and a complete brake setup. I need to get a bunch of stuff to Fran so he can move forward, but work is being a pain in the butt. Between people being off for sick leave and coming back only to quit it’s really taking me away from things I want to do. Hopefully one day I will be posting pictures of my build and ultimately my completed car. Right now I’m living vicariously through Jim Albrights Lola build.
Thanks for asking.
Regards Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
Not much I can do either I'm sad to say. Have you tried just a simple cut and paste into your message? For example, the picture you see below I put there by Copy and Paste - no uploading or linking pictures or pushing a button on the forum, good old fashioned Cntl-C and Cntl-V.

1709223355911.jpeg

Not sure why it didn't work on my phone either. Very strange. Maybe not my phone also runs Chrome. It does work if I'm in a thread on the forum.

Last edited:
Back