Possible Forum Marquee?

fdf39cc5.jpg

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Ron Earp

Admin
I like it! If folks chime in and agree lets use it, with Chris' permission of course. What say folk?

R

G

Personally, I like yellow better ... but this is very nice too ;> )

G

Definitely works for me!! And is very close to the color I am going to use: Ford's Bright Atlantic Blue. I'll just have deal with the right hand drive (I know it's original, but nationalism is running high on this side of the pond right now;-)

[ February 05, 2002: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

G

Its' great - just as I imagine my GT40 to be. It should be perfect!!

Love it slick, simple and beautful. Now how about spellcheck? Not that I can't spell or anything but... Hey I CAN spell it's just that, well that, oh come on you know, the car goes to my head and everything else just goes out the window.
rolleyes.gif

OK I'll be the only descending voice
grin.gif
the pic is great and it tugs at the heartstrings, BUT...

Whats the story with the windscreen??? it has no surround. The car that we all love is not the car in the pic. Sorry if I'm being too pedantic.
grin.gif

G

To stir things up a bit...

To me a marquee is a bloody big tent! I assume the US boys call a logo a marquee! (Assumption maybe the first sign of ignorance but we smoke fags here although that might worry our US freinds! Cigarettes = fags in case anyone was wondering, not that I smoke, fags or cigarettes or otherwise if you follow. Hold on, tyres, I smoke those....)

Am I right in assuming that the intention is to change the logo that I have at the top of my screen now to this graphical representation of a 40? I prefer what I have at the moment. If my presumptions (assumptions? Where is that fifth can of Fosters?) are all wrong can someone tell me what the word marquee is being used for!!!!!!

As to the windscreen issue, it is the only let down in what is otherwise an okay job. Maybe I have the advanage of looking at a completed car but it certainly looks nothing like that. It is not just a little bit out but quite a bit out. The whole A pillar and door detail are missing. Anyone who wants their car to look like this will have a Bonito type copy of a 40 as seen on other postings. Colour is nice though!

With modern technology, can't a digital picture be inserted in so there is no discrepancy? Hang on, we're back to the current logo (if that is what this discussion is about in the first place).

Aaagh, there's the Fosters

S'later....

Malcolm
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

There are many GT40. Any Info on this car

Chris

fdf3bbc9.jpg

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

G

Chris,
I think this is an ERA built by Fran Kress around an original GT40 Spider windscreen.

Ohhkay guyz. I'v adafew Fosters now 'hic' and yous are aaaall right. Now what wazzit that I was s’posta do? Ahhh well, who cares. Toss us another tinnie there willya Mal? Heeeyyyy, great pic mate. Both (?) carz look good 'hic'.
wink.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Hi Chris

Look at it again mate after about 5 cans of Foster's or XXXX then it will look better.

After all it's not a build manual!.
It's a graphical representation.
it's called poetic or artistic licence
A schematic.
A possible Forum Marquee.
In the same way that cartoon characters don’t have five fingers and toes.

The cars we all know and love are 35 years old and cost $300,000 plus.

The cars we are building are after all, are representations of the originals with some degree of poetic (artistic) licence and individualism with modern improvements being
incorporated.

I think as the English would say we are all some kind of *** Artist.

Chris Melia
wink.gif
wink.gif

Chris,
That # 54 gt40 vintage races fairly often in the U.S..It used to be red, and maybe white before that. Fran kress used to own it along with the coupe gt40p/1054,painted identically but a coupe,which he still owns, and took them both to the races, but raced the spyder.

Nice picture, Road America gt40 reunion ?
Anybody have a picture of any other gt40 spyders ?
regards,
Spyderman

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: spyderman ]

Back