Possible new chassis supplie?

Does anyone know who posted this advert on a UK kit car site?

"We shall shortly be producing GT40 chassis. They will be the correct dimensions and be ready for the of fitting aluminium panels. They will be supplied complete with all wishbones and radius arms.

The final specifications have yet to be decided, as has the cost (but they will be VERY keenly priced)

If you would like to register an interest in one of our chassis, and be informed of the full spec and price when they become available, please respond by email to this advert.

*please note* you will NOT receive a reply to your response, until the final specification and prices have been decided. You will then receive the full spec sheet and pictures of the chassis.

We will also be able to supply the very highest quality MK1 (and MK2) GT40 bodyshells".

Yes, I know who these people are and what they are doing and can confirm that this has been in the planning for a long time. I have kept my word and remained silent about this project for a long time but will confirm that the first order has been placed.
DO contact them if you are seriously interested.

Regards,
Graham @ GTA.

Oh dear,
It would appear that there is yet another potential manufacturer. My post above was assuming that my contacts were the ones who had placed the advert. WRONG !!!
What i said is true, so who these others are is not known to me.
Graham.

For some extra clues visit the site of the advert

Advert on Findit for GT40 chassis

and then click on the button marked 'List all this advertiser's ads'

This provides some clues
1) The advertiser is also selling a Cobra replica, to help pay a tax bill.
2) They are also selling a 1974 MGB Roadster, because the wife has changed her mind.
3) They are also selling a building plot near March in Cambridgeshire, due to a change of plans. This advert includes a name - Simon, and some phone numbers.

Is Simon here???

Any new manufacturer has got to be a good thing. As anyone in business knows, competition improves quality and value, so as a consumer I say the more the merrier! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A good friend of mine in work has family friends living in SOuth AFrica has been telling me that the chap is starting up a GT40 replica business, that is supposed to be low cost. I am trying to get info from him, if it comes to anything I'll post as soon as I know.

Brett

Hi guys,

Yes it was going to be me at one time, I have a friend (Tom)who's into designing and building chassis and we were thinking of putting together a GT40 chassis that would be compatable with Chris Melia's bodies.
Nothing groundbreaking like a monocoque chassis, just a well designed and built chassis taking advantage of readily available parts (probably NOT using granada uprights though!!)
At this moment in time the plans are shelved (and the advert pulled) as my friend Tom (who runs T5 developments) is very busy with other projects. We MAY be in a position to continue later next year...we'll see
Lee, if you're interested, the Cobra's sold (today actually), the MGB (Tom's) is still available, as is our plot of land.
I'm still looking for a new GT40 project for myself though.

Back