R5 Turbo 2 for sale

oh oh Domenico, you`re a very very unfortunate guy.....how can you stand that ? near Bertone.... Iwould haved moved long long time ago.....:freak::laugh::lol:
For my Hermsen, i will open a new thread, woud like to bring the beast on the road.
and to Cliffbeer2, i love this video and of course the car.
But southern France is worth visiting too, very very pittoresque.I love it

yep Ron, thats exactly what i intended to do.
just wanted to make readers aware of the fact, that there is a new thread for what begun here, somehow offtopic.
saw it in other threads too, but i have no idea on how doing it.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Wow Jack, I sure do wish I had the money for that thing. One of my all time dream cars. Good luck with the sale, I hope it goes to someone who will take care of it.

Laters,

Brian

Wow the R5T2 was the first "fast" car I ever drove. A black RHD one on a C plate in the UK (registered in 1987 I think).

I've hankered after one ever since but recently bought an Aston so that's ruined any hope of buying anything else for a long while!

Hello, I would like to learn much more about the EFI you installed on your R5 Turbo as I would like to do that to my T2 this winter. Is your car still for sale?

Thanks,
Mark

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Sold to a guy in CA that just had to have it. I use Electromotive TEC2 with a MSD DIS2 unit for individual coils per cylinder. By changing over to the TEC2 and putting the throttle body behind the turbo like it should be it almost eliminated all the turbo lag, performance was outstanding compared to the old system. The water to air intercooler helped also. I also had jetted the intake manifold for water injection using the old cold start injector but never hooked it up. I miss the car terribly. There is one guy on the forum that can vouch for the performance. Maybe he will chime in, but you didn't have to slip the clutch on a hill at a stop sign to get going after the change over, low in torque improved 100%. The throttle body in front of the turbo was a problem from the start.

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I would assume that Jack is talking about me and I can for sure tell you what he says in performance improvment is correct. I have road in Jack's car before and after the conversion and there is no comparison. He could easily spin the tires off the line after the conversion. Try that with a stock T2. I have a T2 as well and the old injection system with the flapper valve type controled injection, throttle on inlet of turbo, low compression, huge inlet volume,etc really hurts throttle response. It was the best of the time but any of the new ECU based systems will greatly enhance the drivability of these cars. I also use the Electromotive system because it is what I'm use too.
The throttle position on the inlet also causes early failure of the oil seals on the turbo because of vacuum the turbo sees on off throttle. Makes for a good mosquito killing machine. Kink of alarming when you look in the mirror and see only smoke. Ask me how I know.

Back