Radio anyone??

Hi all,

I'm consider installing an AM/FM radio and speakers.

I have been shown large oval shaped speakers which I find are visually impacting.

Has anyone used smaller - but good quality - car stereo speakers?

I would like to place one in each door and two either side under the dash.

Ultimately they would all be un noticed.

Any thoughts or links..

Bernie

Bernie
I also wanted a radio in mine, have a look at the photo here for the solution MDA came up with. You can see in the door an insert that triples as a door pull, storage area and speaker mount. These work really well and the speakers are round and approx 6 inches dia. Note also the radio mounted in a recessed notch in the dash. This radio/CD/MP3 player has a memory card (SD) slot and an USB slot so it can play solid state MP3s. I have a 4Gb SD card with all my music on that I load into the slot and hit random. I will be adding a 600W amp soon, as it is the only way to get the sound quality obove the engine noise.of course the purist will say "why do you not want to listen to the V8 soundtrack" and most times I do, but every now and then a bit of music is welcome.
Hope this helps, I think MDA have a presence in Aus although I'm not sure, search on mdagt40.com
Chris

Attachments

• March 08 int 05.JPG
    March 08 int 05.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 369
Chris,

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback.

I was initially trying to get small speakers and looking at concealing them, however after seeing what you have done I will go the same way.

The availability and quality of the 6' speakers meets the quality of sound needed for the the GT40 - engine noise etc.

I will definately use the radio head or similiar unit you have, its a good idea. Will do the search.

I think I'll do the same with the doors, as currently this space is not being used to advantage.

Yes the purists told me to just use an iPod when I mentioned a radio - Mmm

Thanks again Chris for the link and photo.

Bernie

Last edited:
Back