RBT where are you?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Ross, I am thinking about buying a 993 if I can sell my Mondial t cabriolet... Are you going to stop talking to me if I have both a GT40 and a P-----e? How about if I keep the GT40 in the garage but leave the Porsche out in the rain?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hey Jimbo
I have decided to still talk to you because you seem a fairly balanced guy with a sense of humour. Of course you are into music a bit too and that helps.Hope the Hammond organs are the tone wheel models.I have an L122 and a Leslie speaker.Always loved the sound and always amused when the lastest electronic keyboard claims to have imitated it.
Ross

ross nicol said:
Hey Jimbo
I have decided to still talk to you because you seem a fairly balanced guy with a sense of humour. Of course you are into music a bit too and that helps.Hope the Hammond organs are the tone wheel models.I have an L122 and a Leslie speaker.Always loved the sound and always amused when the lastest electronic keyboard claims to have imitated it.
Ross

Ahh yes. I play in a band too (a struggling musican) and have a Leslie 147 and 112. My Roland keyboards do the same claims, perfect reproduction (my butt they do!) Best sound so far is using old Korg sounds through the 147.
Only problem is of course, lugging a huge cabinet up and down narrow club stairwells :( So now I only bring out the Leslie for special occaisons :)

Well....my transaxle dilemma continues. I put 50% down on the transaxle in late November and have had sporatic conversations with Lloyd for the last several months. It usually equated to 1 return phone call from him for every 6 attempts by me. He did however call me back so I remained patient knowing that my car was still not here and Lloyd kept reassuring me the ZF would be here no later than May. Well ,my freinds, that day has come and gone. I have now called at least 20 times over the last month and have not recieved a single return call. My car shipped in mid June and will inevitabely be in late July. I am now, to say the least, worried that my transaxle will hold up the final assembly of my DREAM CAR and I won't be able to enjoy it going into the winter months.

Has anybody else had this problem? If so how have you rectified the situation.

Does anybody out there know Lloyd personally who will speak up?

I would hope this relationship would stay positive but the lack of correspodance might force me into another set of options.

Lloyd,

If your reading this please call me. I'm willing to come to your business and pick up the ZF.

Rich.

Rich
Lloyd has had my ZF since March and is about to reassemble it. I found the best time to call him is around noon or close to 5 PM. He is hard to get a hold of as he is over his head in work. I'm scheduled to go pick up my box in another week. I can look into yours if you like.

Cheers
Bill

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Bill is that all you need (ZF) once you get you car back from paint?

Sandy

Bill,

That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BTW, what was the average time people have waited for an RBT transaxle?

Rich.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
So why doesn't Lloyd tell potential customers that their trans will be a year from when they order, and save himself all the agro and phone calls?

Or does he?

Cheers,

Rich

Here is my story. ZF promised ten weeks ARO - Delivered 10 MONTHS to the day ARO. There have been several posts from various friends of Lloyd's about what a great guy he is and that may indeed be the case but why he can't just tell the truth about deliveries is beyond me. As for returned calls 1 in six is incredible. I ran 2 returned calls TOTAL out of nearly 100 calls, faxes and emails. One was to tell me he got my order and the other was to say it was shipping. I have subsequently made three fax attempts to get the final invoice and after 5 weeks, still no invoice. I need it for insurance purposes.

I think the reason I got my trans so "soon" was because I contacted the company in Austin TX were the boxes are actually made and leaned on the factory manager. I got my box three weeks later.

Good luck to everyone out there waiting. They DO eventually show up but you need the patience of JOB.

As for Lloyd being a swell guy, make your own choice. If I ran my business the way he does, my wife would be supporting me in about three weeks

Here is my saga. I ordered two boxes on November 6th, and as many, I was promised a 3 month lead time. Engines arrived in March and cars in April. I have had two beautiful door stops sitting in my garage since then. I have always managed to get in touch with Lloyd within a day or two. I spoke with him last Tuesday and told him I wanted to fly to LA and sit down and determine a good solid date. He said that would be fine and to call back on Thursday (July 5th) to finalize a time to visit. He did not answer on Thursday,Friday or today. I did not go to LA, as I did not want to spend 14 hours on a aircraft only to find a closed shop.

I am still willing to go out to LA and talk with him, if I need to stop in Austin, I can make that happen. If you guys want to email me your order dates I will try to get info. I am actually thinking about offering my help to Llyod by offering to new manage new ZF information for him. I can imagine he is swampped trying to rebuild and answer the phone and call the factory. I have experience in production mgmt, and it would not be hard to assign every order a build number, I could then post weekly production updates on a website, and everyone would know exactly where they stand. I think most people will be ok with the lead time if they could plan for it, and count on good dates. Just an idea.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Nice idea John, the only problem is that you still need to rely on Lloyd for dates. Only can cause you headaches.

Gregg, You are probably correct. I was hoping that I might be able to get production info straight from the guys in Austin. At this point I am focusing on trying to get an accurate date for November orders.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Just thought of something...
Maybe a reason for slow turn-around at RBT...
Just a thought...
bilde

Cleared for Takeoff - AutoWeek

Cleared for Takeoff
Foose’s first production Hemisfear strikes terror on the runway.

The monster V8 sits just aft of the two seats, connected to a ZF transaxle similar to the one used in the Pantera and the BMW M1.

They're building 50 of these..

Foose has plans to build 50 of these and who knows what else after that, combining the seemingly limitless talents and/or automotive parts-making ability of Metalcrafters, Unique Performance, Hotchkiss, ZF, Mopar and Ford into his own private hot-rod revolution.

Now - If someone with a lot of automotive industry "Influence" bought 50 ZF's to have them rebuilt - where do you suppose that person would send them?

Just a thought...

Ron McCall

Supporter
I really don't think that Foose bought 50 Zf to have rebuilt.Thay are using new RBT transaxles .So is the Saleen S7 (6 speed version)As did the Shelby Series 1

Is their anyone out there that has installed an RBT 6 speed box in their 40? (as in sill/rod shift).

Not sure if there is a thread that addresses this issue. If so, I have not found it. Keep in mind, I have not renewed my licence to put somebody on the Moon for quite a while, so please be nice to me.

Back