RBT

Having had some experience with these gearboxes I would recommend using a GL-4 gear oil.

For those that don't know him, Oliver is the guy who physically makes the parts that are assembled to make the RBT gearbox. So he is certainly an authority figure!

The GL-5 reference came from the original Pantera owners manual. I honestly can't remember where I originally got the idea that GL-4 was the preferred stuff.

Now we have two contrary points of view, both authoritative. Oliver--can you elaborate on what the difference is between the two and why you favor the one that you do?

Thanks!

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Mine is 17mm. All I did (cheapskate, I know) was find a bolt with a deep head that fitted into the plug and used that half in half out with a ring spanner....

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The car is down in a garage in town so i dont have my tools handy there. I will take my calipers down today, measure and do a bolt as well. I think I'll double nut it and use a socket. Thanks

I have some spare if they need any Jac Mac... ;-)

Hell no, I just finished burying a couple of rusty ~1930 rolls that were no longer stock proof quality, their replacements would have bought a sheet of alloy or two, at least the old hardwood posts burnt good & hot during the winter!

Back