RCR Australia - Wakefield Park Raceway, 1st - 4th October

Race Car Replicas will be at Wakefield Park Raceway for the 2009 Cobra Nationals on 1st - 4th October.

Will have a few RCR-40's, SL-R's and an SL-C at the event competing.

Fran Hall the founder of RCR will still be over here from the USA, so will be in attendance.

It would be fantastic if any of you guys can make it out there as it would be great to catch up.

Last edited:
Any chance you want to comp a jet trip from Calgary (canada) to Aussieland? I think it'd be a great investment - you could finally meet the infamous Efnfast :D

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Fran came over all the way down under to help me finalise the sLola with one arm tied behind his back, but had return to the home front due to some urgent family business.
I can say that there was an SLC, couple of SLRs and a couple Gt40s however the event was mostly wet weather program and the owners were mostly from the sunshine state and only brought slicks ...apparently.
Otherwise, we had a great weekend.
Guess Craig'll chime in soon ---probably really busy with sales prospects at the mo.

Fran came over all the way down under to help me finalise the sLola with one arm tied behind his back, but had return to the home front due to some urgent family business.
I can say that there was an SLC, couple of SLRs and a couple Gt40s however the event was mostly wet weather program and the owners were mostly from the sunshine state and only brought slicks ...apparently.
Otherwise, we had a great weekend.
Guess Craig'll chime in soon ---probably really busy with sales prospects at the mo.

you dealt with all them sales prospects yet Craig? dying to hear how the RCRs performed in front of the "man" himself

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this.

The rain certainly spoiled the main racing for us on the weekend. As a result we didn't even get most of the cars on the track for the main sprint event. :(

We did get some laps in on the Friday practice though. :)

The SL-C got down to 1:06's pretty quickly. Which was really impressive, considering the lack of seat time for the driver and the need for more time to setup the car. This SL-C does not have sway bars fitted yet. It runs a stock LS7.

The yellow SL-R got down to 1:06's as well. It has had more track time, but lacks the power required for these larger circuits. Well until it's new engine gets fitted. It also does not have sway bars fitted yet. Runs Mitsubishi 4G63 turbo.

The red/white RCR-40 did a best of 1:10 on the practice day. It was not being driven by the owner. Runs a stock 5.0lt windsor.

I didn't get the times from the orange SL-R as it was just doing shake down laps on the Friday. Turbo charged Honda 2.4lt.

It was a shame Fran couldn't stay for the racing, but he certainly had a productive visit all the same. We got a huge amount of interest in the cars and it was great that quite a few other RCR owners made it out to the event.

I've attached some photos below.

Attachments

• 2009 Nationals (2).jpg
    2009 Nationals (2).jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 2009 Nationals.jpg
    2009 Nationals.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 2009 Nationals (10).jpg
    2009 Nationals (10).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 2009 Nationals (11).jpg
    2009 Nationals (11).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 2009 Nationals (8).JPG
    2009 Nationals (8).JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 236
Some more photos...

Attachments

• 2009 Nationals (5).jpg
    2009 Nationals (5).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 2009 Nationals (3).jpg
    2009 Nationals (3).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 2009 Nationals (4).jpg
    2009 Nationals (4).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 2009 Nationals (6).jpg
    2009 Nationals (6).jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 2009 Nationals (7).jpg
    2009 Nationals (7).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 264
Now this one is cool.

1 x RCR
2 x DRB
1 x RF

A shame that Bob's beautiful black GT40 wasn't in the shot as well.

Attachments

• 2009 Nationals (9).JPG
    2009 Nationals (9).JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 275
It was a wet and slippery experience on track...and this RCR was running full street tyres and a very conservative approach.

Attachments

• _MG_4211_small.jpg
    _MG_4211_small.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 247
Back