RCR D type thread

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
4.2 YES!!!!

The 3.8 taught me why the Brits didn't make refrigerators - the couldn't make a refrigerator leak oil from every corner and all points in-between!

Still loved the sound though and the power was not great, but not bad either..

What transmission options are there? What would you recommend?

I ask because stock manual trannies for Jags are few and far between.

The later DOHC Ford 4.0 liter inline 6 engines from OZ would bolt up to a T5/T56 etc easy & look the part with all the FI plastic etc stripped off, a brace of 45's & a set of pipes, you would obviously have to do the latter yourself though with it being in the RCR too hard basket:) Actually when I think about it the plain jane steel wheels off the same cars has a similar look to the multi holed D-Type wheel, just a fake knock off cap & your done..

Please don't. For god's sake, please don't ;)
Now Troy, you have been around here long enough to know you never tell me not to do something or that it cannot be done, thats about all the incentive I need! Just as well Ive already got a couple of bucket lists to get done already & if I was inclined toward a D-Type there are a couple of dead nuts manufacturers within 45 minutes ( one within 1 minute & 45 secs ) of here.....soooo, when are you going to take that V10 back out & fit a proper motor!: OOP's I see you have already done that, want some plans for a basic coffee table??:))

Couple of pics....

Attachments

• DSCN0614 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0614 [640x480].JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 907
  • DSCN0608 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0608 [640x480].JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 826
  • DSCN0624 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0624 [640x480].JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 862
  • DSCN0623 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN0623 [640x480].JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 850

Chuck

Supporter
Look forward to seeing the engine / front suspension structure.

Removable panel to access the tranny nice feature.

That D Type will look great in British Racing Green!

Is there any other color for a D-Type? I did see a grey one a few years ago at the Goodwood Revival. It too looked good!

Dark blue was always a favorite also, though I've seen a deep red too.

Attachments

• blue jag d type.jpg
    blue jag d type.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 756

Chuck

Supporter
D Type Build Blog

This is a purely hypothetical question. If one, theoretically speaking of course, were to build an RCR D Type, what would be the best place for a build blog?

A sub forum here would be one option. But are there any blogs out there dedicated to Jag reproductions? I have not found any.

Just wondering.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
D Type Build Blog

This is a purely hypothetical question. If one, theoretically speaking of course, were to build an RCR D Type, what would be the best place for a build blog?

A sub forum here would be one option. But are there any blogs out there dedicated to Jag reproductions? I have not found any.

Just wondering.

Or one could think about posting up here:

Wings, Wheels, and Keels - GT40s.com

:thumbsup:

Chuck

Supporter
Today watched a Jag 4.2 with Weber side drafts and polished aluminum valve covers being dyno'ed. Sure would look good in an RCR D Type.

Attachments

• DynoJuly2013A.jpg
    DynoJuly2013A.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 664
Goliaths and heavy, but one of the most beautiful when fully dressed! Amazing how big when sitting on floor next to a 289 Ford.

Back