RCR40 front sway bar length

I am setting up my front sway bars. There have been some changes in suppliers over time.
Does anyone know the exact length of the front bar? I have two the same length, not sure if they are both fronts or both rears.
Thanks!
-J.

'Ello John

My RCR supplied sway bars are 37" * 1"dia front and 37" * 3/4" dia rear. Fran recommended 400lb springs to go with this set up (It was supplied with 500lb).

Hope this helps

John

ps I noticed that Dean Lampe has shorter bars on the rear.

Last edited:
John,
Thanks. I have a 1 inch, 37, so that is good for the front. I have a bit to do before I can mount the rear. That will get built into the transaxle support subframe that we are building this winter (OK, I am not, but a local race shop is). And I have 400 pound springs coming for the front, shorter to allow for the lift system.
Hope things are going well!
-J.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
I received a 33" bar for the front and a 34" for the rear and modified the arms to suit the bar lengths. The bars are availlable from Speedway Engineering in a variety of lengths and diameters if you choose to use something different.
When I can find time to get back to work on mine, (I purchased a new home and I have been moving for the last two months as the GT40 sits unfinished) I plan on buying a few bars to "mix-and-match" until I get something I like.
Keith

Actually it does look as if I have a 34" front. I think it will work fine. I have almost finished the chassis holes. I will update some in my build log eventually. I have been pretty busy on the car, but not many pictures to show for it.

Back