RCR's Next car should be.....

I'm hoping to be up there too Howard but I'm hoping one of the drivers gets sick and needs a replacement ;)
All joking aside (kinda), I'd love to lend a helping hand as well.

How about a car similar to the Hulme F1?
2mgp2zr.jpg

2j692l3.jpg

How about a Bizzarrini P538....most were powered by a small block Chevy with Webers backed by a ZF, 2 were Lamborghini v12 powered so there can be some interesting "authentic" powertrain options....expensive and very expensive!

Attachments

• 66_Bizzarini_P538_Spyder_Prototype_TV_05_Pbl_05.jpg
    66_Bizzarini_P538_Spyder_Prototype_TV_05_Pbl_05.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 282
  • 1966_bizzarini_p538_sd_04.jpg
    1966_bizzarini_p538_sd_04.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 272

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
How about a Bizzarrini P538....most were powered by a small block Chevy with Webers backed by a ZF, 2 were Lamborghini v12 powered so there can be some interesting "authentic" powertrain options....expensive and very expensive!

The Lambo idea is a really good one, and they're not all that expensive. Buy an Espada or a Jarama for $20K-30K and throw away everything but the engine.

In proportion to what Jac...??...a NZ steam engine..:helmet:...

I know if I price the SL-C at 50% of the Hulme it would be an even better proportional addition to my Bank account.. .

Beside the SL-C sells well...Hulme is in financial trouble..Hulme CanAm supercar | New Zealand ...:p:

Last edited:
Nuthin to do with steam engines , your pockets or the Hulme & its fiscally challenged future, just about making the roofline/glasshouse lower & more in proportion with the rest of the car body. Like the pic I took the chainsaw too, you might want to use a chain with a slightly finer pitch..........:thumbsup:

Last edited:
So I presume the world that you inhabit is somewhere close to that place in NZ where the Lord of the Ring movie was filmed...and its full of vertically challenged Hobbits......
I know that recumbant bicycles are popular but having a Tempurpedic bed as a drivers seat may create a problem with falling asleep at the wheel..

So I presume the world that you inhabit is somewhere close to that place in NZ where the Lord of the Ring movie was filmed...and its full of vertically challenged Hobbits...... You guys still miffed about that are you....the answer lies in the mirror my son.... Did they film Nightmare on Elm St in the shed you first put pen to paper on the SLC...:)
I know that recumbant bicycles are popular but having a Tempurpedic bed as a drivers seat may create a problem with falling asleep at the wheel..

Not if the car is responsive & interesting to drive...perhaps therein lies your problem, or which evolution of rear suspension its fitted with this week...:)

Now now Jacdolph the great white project builder .....pen and paper never entered the Shire..and I fear that the SL-C may be too much for such a white beard as yourself to master...since the days of TVR middle Earth have long since passed...:drunk:

Now now Jacdolph the great white project builder ...The TVR is white, prick of a colour, wonder if JO will paint his latest aquisition White as well, might be fitting:)..pen and paper never entered the Shire..That could explain a lot.....:uneasy:and I fear that the SL-C may be too much for such a white beard as yourself to master..You might be right, you could be wrong, we are unlikely to ever find out since sending one out for an ol fart like me to pass judgement on might be more than a sensitive soul such as yourself could handle:shocked:.since the days of TVR middle Earth have long since passed...That might be correct as it appears some performance parts dispensers in the USA have managed to ship via a very slow boat some very important parts for the poor old dear ( must be the same boat you sent Flat Chats stuff on, Oh well there is always plan B...Golf :drunk:

Must be gettin late in Franville USA, time you hit the pit!!!

A couple of pics are worth a lot of typin!! The 'Hobbit' at the wheel has not actually had his immediate noggin space intruded upon..

Apologies in advance to Steven for using his pic to 'crop' as an example, about the best 'square on' one I could find.

Last edited:
Jacdolph
While your side profile does not actually look too bad the front one you halloween massacred last night is bloody awful...

Lee...the driver is nowhere near the height of many guys wanting to fit into an SL-C, She is 5'10" I think..so while you did not impact her head room you would many others, the other thing is that taller guys can sit more upright and actually have even more space...due to the roof profile...
You could always buy a car from fellow Kiwi Bruce Turnbull if you wanted that "stepped on" look

Jacdolph
While your side profile does not actually look too bad the front one you halloween massacred last night is bloody awful...

Lee...the driver is nowhere near the height of many guys wanting to fit into an SL-C, She is 5'10" I think..so while you did not impact her head room you would many others, the other thing is that taller guys can sit more upright and actually have even more space...due to the roof profile...
You could always buy a car from fellow Kiwi Bruce Turnbull if you wanted that "stepped on" look

I can attest to Fran. I'm 5 11' (6ft w/ shoes) and the majority of sports/race cars I have been in are extremely cramped. My friend's father's 911 Turbo S is a nightmare. My brother is 6' 4' and can't fit in most porsches and corvettes. I think Fran made the correct decision with regard to cabin space.

How about the Monteverdi Hai, i believe only 4 originals built(last two from spare parts and still reside in the the Monteverdi collection). Mid engine 426 Hemi powered and a very nice body

Yes yes from a 6'5 driver (with a 6'3 Father) both aiming to get race only SL-C's (helmet room needed) please do not chop the top on the car!!! :thumbsdown:

Speaking as somebody's who's 5'7 1/2 - you know, average height, not like you freaky tall giants :D - chop the top! Less weight, looks cooler :laugh:

Back