RCR's Next car should be.....

Rob,

the SL-C will be running in the 25 hour race early Dec. it
has an EX 24hr Le Mans Panoz engine and Xtrac sequential 6 speed transaxle with a Flat shift system also.
There are three DP drivers signed up to drive the car...and we will be running it to help raise money and awareness for the Semper fi fund. Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund | Home

It would be nice to see your car there too...

It will be supporting our Marines? - that ROCKS.
Is it a "factory" or privateer effort? I'll be there, too bad my car won't - too much other stuff this year. But hey next year! :rockonsmile:

Maybe like Dave says, we can all haul them out on trailers :freak: HAHAHA

I plan on making it over to the shop on Thursday afternoon this week, is that good for your schedule? Is your SLC available? Would be great to get out and toast the hides if we could :evilgrin:

Rob,

its a customer car that we are building...and yes the US Marines.

NO prob but dont be too late on Thursday as my Mum is in town from the homeland...gotta be a good Son you know.

My SL-C may take several trailers on it's own to get there! :laugh: I'm actually trying to get the car (parts, tools, etc) to San Angelo soon.

"no P4/5 though....:laugh:"
I don't suppose that James was too worried about that. Beautiful project he and the cohorts in Italy put together though! I found some video of him actually driving it on the freeway as part of New York driving club event. I for one am glad that he actually takes it out to enjoy once in a while...After all, all these special cars are FUNCTIONAL art, not just garage or museum queens...

Jennifer

Sorry Fran, but wings is in:

gullwing_mercedes.jpg

GullWingMercedes2.jpg

2010_mercedes_benz_gullwing.jpg

Okay, this is a serious suggestion.

Yes, it appears as if this reduplicates existing products, but I disagree. It could be a "halo" care for RCR/Superlight, a range-topper.

Lamborghini is about to display this car, the Sesto Elemento concept, at the Paris Motor Show. It is a concept. They will not produce this car. So, why not OPE?

You know about the saying OPM: "Other People's Money". How about OPE: "Other People's Engineering"? Lamborghini did some engineering to pull this off: Why should Lamborghini waste what they have done and why should not this car go on the street as a "kit" (we all know that Fran's cars are not "kits" in the traditional sense, but . . . ), utilizing the materials research, the engineering and the aerodynamics development Lamborghini has already done.

_o8c0912_copie__jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

* Curb weight of 2202 pounds
* Powered by 5.2-liter, 570-horsepower V-10 engine
* Estimated 0-62 mph time of 2.5 seconds
* This is a “technology demonstrator”—not an upcoming model
SestoElemento_2_jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

SestoElemento_4_jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

from the press release: "Sesto Elemento translates from Italian as “Sixth Element”, referring to Carbon’s place on the periodic table—it’s easy to understand that Lamborghini has put intense effort into the weight saving here. To wit, Sesto makes large use of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP), with the material found making up the car’s monocoque, front frame, exterior body panels, major suspension components, wheels, and even the drive shaft. The result is an astonishing figure of just 3.86 pounds for each horsepower to move."
SestoElemento_1_jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

from the press release: "The basis is an extremely solid, stiff, safe and lightweight carbon-fiber structure: the monocoque cell of the Sesto Elemento. The entire front frame, the exterior panels and crash boxes are also made from CFRP. The Sesto Elemento’s major suspension components and the rims are made from carbon fiber. The tailpipes are made from Pyrosic, which is an advanced glass-ceramic matrix composite, able to reach and stand very high temperatures up to 900° celsius. Even the propeller shaft is made of CFRP."
SestoElemento_3_jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

from the press release: "The (engine) is . . . from the Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera. In the Sesto Elemento too, the V10 unit is mounted “longitudinale posteriore” – longitudinally behind the driver. The 570 hp output equals 419 kW, all of which is available at 8,000 r/min. The pulling power is just as impressive – with the torque curve peaking at 540 Nm and 6,500 r/min.

"The V10 offers 5,204 cm3 of displacement, delivering a specific output of 80.5 kW (109.6 hp) per liter of displacement. The highlights of this long-stroke engine with an aluminum crankcase include dry sump lubrication and a cylinder angle of 90 degrees. Both solutions are an integral part of the lightweight engineering approach, as well as serving to lower the center of gravity and thus tighten the handling characteristics. Ideal combustion chamber fill comes courtesy of a switch-over induction system and continually variable, chain-driven camshafts.

"Best traction with all-wheel drive

"The Sesto Elemento is equipped with the e.gear transmission, controlled in race car fashion via shift paddles mounted on the steering wheel. The automated system with electronic management shifts smoothly through its six gears much faster than a human being would be able to.

" . . . relentless traction delivered under practically all conditions. This is largely attributable to the permanent all-wheel drive system. It incorporates a central viscous coupling and a self-locking differential for the rear wheels with 45 percent lock. Thanks to this superior traction, Lamborghini drivers can accelerate earlier out of a curve than those in rear-wheel drive cars."
Text is from Winding Road magazine:Winding Road | Sneak Peek: Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Concept

Now, the Sesto Elemento is a prototype, a one-off. That is very expensive for a small company like Lamborghini to produce. What if they could offset some of that cost by making the Sesto Elemento available to us as an RCR/Superlight component car? And RCR/Superlight could gain access to absolutely cutting-edge carbon-fiber construction technology, and offer a range-topping "halo" car to all of us hard-core car nuts. :)

That expensive 90-degree 570-horsepower V10 can be easily replaced by a 90-degree Chevrolet LS7 with similar power and much less cost. Lamborghini could cut production and development costs by selling all-wheel-drive packages along with the RCR/Superlight kit. Although, one could see that this vehicle could also be driven by the rear wheels alone.

Something to seriously think about.

Bassanio et Portia :)

If the Sesto is expensive for Lamborghini...how large do you think RCR is in comparison...
I am sure the Lambo daily coffee fund could keep RCR going for a year or two....:thumbsup:

If the Sesto is expensive for Lamborghini...how large do you think RCR is in comparison...
I am sure the Lambo daily coffee fund could keep RCR going for a year or two....:thumbsup:

Not the amount that I bet you drink mate :)

Hope you are well :thumbsup:

Graham.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Fran, as I said when I was at the shop I would love to volunteer my time at the Thunderhill event. I am sure you can use some help moving tires around/ general gofer work, make coffee, or what have you.

Let me know when, where and what time along with any additional information you think I might need and I'll let you know if it will work for me.

I think the wounded Marine fund is a wonderful thing to do and I'll help if I can.

A few weeks notice is all I need.

By the way folks, that SLC is really gonna be something. Shark among minnows is what comes to mind.

Back