Rear Uprights

Folks I have bought these rear uprights which seller claimed they were spares with a GT40 they had sold on. They are magnesium so nice and light, but a little different to any that I have seen on any cars. Has anyone seen any like these? I am trying to work out what wheel bearings and hubs work with them but have not cracked this yet. Any bright ideas welcome.
16EE907D-5F2B-41F4-9B5D-36FEEBDEC68A.jpeg
8DEBFD15-5E1B-472E-BA53-DD8E1AE21739.jpeg
F409C20F-BE36-41F2-ACAC-8ADF80CFA54B.jpeg

Another lateral pic could help
Otherwise this upright is probably an "inverted rear type suspension " for cars using air diffusor with a triangle lower wishbone ( using that unique point on the casting ) and a "cantilever " upper wishbone linked to the larger part of this foundry as there is no provison to attach shock absorber
Absolutly nothing to do with GT40
Could be effectivly group C car ( but this double bearing set up is so old !!)or watever 90's formula
As said with a lateral pic , may be it is possible to retreive story of those parts ( otherwise using such magnesium parts COMMAND to do safety ( and pricy) material analysis specially if planned to be used on a road or track car !!!!!! )

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Here are mine for reference.

Attachments

• rear hub 5.jpg
    rear hub 5.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 273
  • rear uprights small.jpg
    rear uprights small.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 323
Have done a little browsing and this cherch confirm what I was explaining ;
they are more parts coming from F3 or similar ; some Ralts RT 30 one are something similar ....

Attachments

• ralt-andrew.jpg
    ralt-andrew.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 302
  • ralt rt30 85 rear uprights.jpg
    ralt rt30 85 rear uprights.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 276
Another lateral pic could help
Otherwise this upright is probably an "inverted rear type suspension " for cars using air diffusor with a triangle lower wishbone ( using that unique point on the casting ) and a "cantilever " upper wishbone linked to the larger part of this foundry as there is no provison to attach shock absorber
Absolutly nothing to do with GT40
Could be effectivly group C car ( but this double bearing set up is so old !!)or watever 90's formula
As said with a lateral pic , may be it is possible to retreive story of those parts ( otherwise using such magnesium parts COMMAND to do safety ( and pricy) material analysis specially

Thanks here is a lateral picture, does this help?

3F31640B-E34F-471D-9CDB-A27B37CCF844.jpeg

seems the closiest small bearing is Timken 75 mm od ( Imperial ones does not meet with your 3,04 inches .....
Inside diameter for thehub would be 40 mm so very very short diameter to have material to ensure 400 hp torque ?
Probably as said an old unknown F3 ( with max 180 hp)
from your last pic ; the probable use "on period " of those uprights is"inverted style suspension "

Back