REAR VISION

Hi there,

Also interested in the rear view/tv screen option - I'm in the process of fitting a camera from Maplin in the UK at the moment with a 3" screen - they do a waterproof camera with a wide angle lens - can't wait to be able to see how it works!

confused.gif

Chip,
rear and side vision is not bad(especially for racing, as people do not just sit in the blind spot) if you put some raydot junior mirrors on little pedestals and use the convex wide angle mirrors (warning, objects are closer, etc.).I wish I could figure out how to put a picture of this up, but I do live in Atlanta, and would be happy to show you my car. Also, I have cheated here, cause I have a spyder and one of those racing sequential mirrors up over my head "in the wind" and have great rear vision with that.
regards
J.W.

spyderman how to post pics up
go to http://www.imagestation.com it is a free image hosting service. Setup an account, follow the instructions to upload the images.
Once you have uploaded and moved them to an 'album'
you are then ready to link them to messages here (and on other boards). To find out the URL view the image in the ablum you want to post,
right click over it and select properties,
in the window that comes up. highlight url code
right click then copy
open forum
write mesage
click image
window will open at top
click on it
now right click
then paste

hope it works
regards dick
or email to me and i will post for you

cool.gif
cool.gif

Hey guy, I'll get the mirror info Monday morning, I'm in New Hampshire wiring a friends Daytona Coupe right now.

G

Following up Andrew Fordyce's posting, I too use wing mirrors from Europa but a different one. These are the Sebring model and come in at about £14 each. They are door mounted mirrors but are adjustable, dismantleable for painting and lock into position. They have one added benifit!

Once when competing I balls up an approach to the first hairpin on Lerghy Frissel due to unbalance front brakes. Off shoot was i clouted a huge straw bale down one side of the car. Hit every panel but being standard GTD it just bounced off with zero damage or scratches! However the wing mirror just popped off it mount. Marshall picked it up and gave it back to me on my return run and I just pulled out the old screw and put in a new one and back on she went. Next balls up came at Longleat hill climb. I took the escape route when approaching the last hairpin which was between two large bales of straw. It was only big enough to get the car through so clipped both mirrors going through but they stayed on ok. No damage to anything. Brake problem was uneven brake pads which now no longer cause a problem as they are sitting in the bin!
GTD use a glass rear screen too and it certainly helps a lot over plastic rear screens. However do not assume that one make of screen will fit another manufacturers car. I sold my rear screen (plastic) to a Tornado owner and he promptly gave it back. Unless manufacturers steal each others body shapes, and Ray told me the other night that he is looking at a couple of manufactureres to see if that has happened, (Oh er, bit of gossip there!), then screens will not fit.
Malcolm

G

Wayne,

As I anticipate completion of my GTD in about 6-8 weeks, I too am interested in your mirror mounted screen, remote camera setup. Please advise when you have your prices/sources squared away.

Ben

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: Ben Miller ]

G

One manufacturer I have located is in Michigan and they make a system similar to the rear view mirror one described earlier. They are located in Michigan and sell it complete for $599. (Probably less when you remove the interior camera from the package). Their site is www.inseatmassage.com/video_mirror.htm

Ben

Back