Registring TS40 in switzerland

Urs

Supporter
Hello we ordered a TS-40 :D But ,has anybody an idea about registring in switzerland? Or is it possible to register it in UK and then import to switzerland ? I phoned with swiss SVA , but they cant give me some informations.I phoned with an importer of US Cars in switzerland and he sayd me thats impossible to register a kitcar in switzerland .It could be possible when the Kit manufacturer is accepted by swiss SVA.Are there other possibilities to register it as a veteran car with an old Ford Plate? I hope to get some infos from you.
Greetings from Urs from switzerland

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I believe there are a few continental cars that are registered in the UK and remain as such but reside in their respective countries. They need to make a trip back to the UK once a year to get the MOT (Roadworthyness test) done.

But Insurance could be another problem to overcome but probably not insurmountable

Cheers
Ian

Urs

Supporter
thank you for your answers i contacted now Frank Catt he wanted to give me a contact from another guy who wants to registrate a gt in switzerland .It seems like its very difficult or impossible to registrate a kitcar in switzerland on normal way.We will see i m allway open for infos.
Greetings from switzerland

Back