Request Info on 1049

Gentlemen,

Can someone help with some early pictures (Daytona) of 1049. I've seen a few from prior to that date (by Ron I think), but I'd really appreciate it if someone has some links to some good pictures.

I'm aware of the RacingIcons site, looking for pre-restoration pics.

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks Ian, I hadn't seen that set before. Good pictures.

Please let me know if you find any more.

Robert

Hi Robert
If you have the Ford that beat Ferrari J Allen / G Jones book pages 316 and 317 show Grady Davis car number 11 (used in both Daytona and Sebring 1967). The colour scheme is metallic Diamond Blue with the painted orange stripe. For Sebring white edging was added to the orange stripe and a Gulf lucky horseshoe added to the flanks.I am quoting from the book. It basically looks the same in both races even keeping its race numbers. On the front deck are two bulges either side and what I believe are two ID lights on the roof. It also had wing mirrors. Ians picture of the number 24 P1049 is at Sebring in 1969 when it was owned by Francis Grant. Purchased from Grady Davis. It was brought back to road spec without those bulges and painted dark metallic Green. Even having the letters (Ford) put on the front like the MKIII. Mark III side windows were fitted rear bodywork has enlarge wheel arches and the two roof lights are closer together. See Page 396 in the same book.
If you contact our Events contact Dave Hensley (GT40 enthusiasts club events) he might have more on this car as he has built a great looking 'Replica'.
I hope this helps.
Regards Allan

Thanks Allan. That gives me another reference to look at.

I'll try and contact Dave and see if he has more info.

Regards, Robert

Back