ROARING FORTIES GT40...#43

I just returned home a few days ago from my vacation in Key West, Florida. We had a great time fishing and golfing with good friends. I didn't take my computer with me so I
wasn't able to post.
Our trip to the Pinetop Car show was good with only one problem. The brake light switch decided to quit. With the help of some good friends at the show we were able to fix it
with minimal fuss.
My RFGT40 took first in it's class this year. The best of show went to a phenominal 37 Ford three window coupe phantom. It deserved it too! I would guesstimate the cars worth around 175K easy.
I am leaving this Tuesday for Run & Gun near St.Louis. I will take my computer this time and try to post when possible on what's happening.

Hersh:)

Attachments

• 23385-Sloppy Joe\'s Bar.jpg
    23385-Sloppy Joe\'s Bar.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 554
Hersh,

Make it six wanting a 3U.

Are you still going to the Club Sandwich in Laughlin. Was wondering since you're making the Run-n-Gun and it's a "fur piece" from St Louis to Nevada. I'm taking both the Cobra and the GT as I found a friend willing to drive the snake out for me. We're leaving Oklahoma next Wednesday and are staying in Lauhglin until Monday AM.

Hope to see you there.

Ben

Thanks Mike, I'll need the luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That cruise last Saturday was really something. I had know idea it was that big.
Ben, We are going to try and make Laughlin but if I'm ragged and the GT needs a lot of attention I might have to pass. But you can still swing down here to Phoenix and visit. I got a spare room you're welcome to.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hersh, Thanks for the offer of a place to crash but, since there will be 14 of us traveling together, I think I'll have to pass on this trip but maybe another time I'll take you up on it. Regardless, I still hope you make it to Laughlin but, if not, I can relate and understand.

Best to you and yours,
Ben

Hey Ron should't this be moved to the Roaring Forties section now, as was done with CAV #47 -moved to CAV section. Just a question. Not trying to ruffle any feathers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
This is a reasonably good example of what one can do with the builders forum. I'm hoping it will attract builders though of all types that are assembling their cars.

Hersh, just found this thread and as Ron said this is great for a novice. Still in the learning stage.
Thanks Steve

I thought I would post a few photos of my little trailer hooked to the GT. I think this is such a neat way to carry your extra stuff and even be able to sleep in this thing when your at an out of town show or cruise. The trailer has a full size memory foam mattress, A/C, DVD player and a small stove and cooler. I think it beats the heck out of $90 a night for a room. I might pay around $15 to $20 for a camp site.

Attachments

• 40888-GT&Teardropleftrear.jpg
    40888-GT&Teardropleftrear.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 611
looks great, Just imagine, you are sound asleep in the trailer, and someone decides to take the GT for a ride. Do you have a quick disconnect?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yep ! I got a quick diconnect on the battery and they probably couldn't start the GT even with a key. I also have a start button. Most people today haven't a clue about those. Well, maybe a theif that used to own a Honda 2000.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Love the trailer and it would certainly give you somewhere to store your dirty socks (rather than up front next to the radiator outlet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Hersh, Can you post some more details of your hitch attachment? Looks just the job for going to Lemans!

Back