Rod change help/advice

I need some help and advice about a rod change system I'm attempting to fit in my car.
I've removed the GTD cable change system, and have bought a secondhand rod change system (which MAY have been a Frank Catt jobbie)
Now, I have the Southern GT rear end modification on my car, and the system was designed around a standard GTD rear end. This means there are bits of the chassis in places they weren't on a standard GTD chassis.
I've therefore got to work out how to adapt the gearchange to the new chassis rear end.
Has anyone had their GTD modded and do they have a rod gearchange, if so do they have any pictures they could share? Would the gearchange rod run ok through the area in the picture or would it foul the lower arm that attaches the upright to the hub?
I'm emailing Frank and Mick as well to see if they have a solution.
Many thanks

Simon

Attachments

• gearchange-rod-position-1.jpg
    gearchange-rod-position-1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 247
  • gearchange-rod-position-2.jpg
    gearchange-rod-position-2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 233

Malcolm

Supporter
You have PM Simon in response to yours. Two points I forgot to mention are that we needed to put a dog leg in the rod in the vicinity of the damper. You also need to really hold the gearbox still in use to make any rod system work. I used poly bush mounts for the gear box as per that thread I ran when I did my chassis surgery. But to repeat I junked the FC system and went all Southern GT when I put on the chassis mod. It was a great upgrade IMHO.

Back