Roll bar

Klaf

Supporter
I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. I disassembled the roll bar and the firewall, which fit at the time. When I went to reassemble, the roll bar is tipped too far back to accommodate the suspension attachment point on the chassis. I can’t get the clearance without putting washers under the back half of the bar. Any thought’s would be helpful.

Before
IMG_4902.jpeg

IMG_5568.jpeg
After
IMG_5493.jpeg
IMG_5495.jpeg

With washers the firewall will clear
IMG_5568.jpeg
IMG_5570.jpeg

Klaf

Supporter
No. It is in front. The pics up top show it. The problem I have is the angle is tipped back too much.

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Fran/Bill @ RCR,
Unless something has changed since I received my car, I think you need to send Steve 4 of those thick steel spacers (qty 2 each side) that go between the firewall and the rear roll bar support. This should get the firewall & roll bar where they should be and resolve his dilemma.

Attachments

• RollBar Spcrs.jpg
    RollBar Spcrs.jpg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 61

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Fran/Bill @ RCR,
Unless something has changed since I received my car, I think you need to send Steve 4 of those thick steel spacers (qty 2 each side) that go between the firewall and the rear roll bar support. This should get the firewall & roll bar where they should be and resolve his dilemma.
Oops, I may have spoken too soon. Yes, it appears Steve doesn't have the same thick spacers as I do, but now I see he has the rollbar shimmed at the bottom rear. Adding those spacers would only make matters worse. So... something else is not right here. I'll take some measurements of that whole area from my car and compare with his. Anyone else with any ideas please feel free to comment.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Did you try swapping the rear uprights? Mine is identical to yours. No washers or spacers are require.

Klaf

Supporter
I didn’t put the uprights on yet. I just tightened the roll bar to the chassis and the angle is tipped to far back for the firewall to clear the suspension attachment point

Klaf

Supporter
The washers are to approximate the angle needed to clear the firewall. I have no intention of leaving those permanently. I was thinking of a wedge of metal to put below the roll bar. I calculated that it is 7 degrees off.

Back