Roush crashed my Daytona Coupe, denies responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have a short story about Roush. Last year January, I purchased a '31 Ford Vicky at Barrett-Jackson. I decided to drive it home. Of course that ended up being 1650 miles. Early in the journey home, the car gave me some grief. It appeared that it had been sitting for quite some time. Later I found out that had been 6 years in a museum. Well, I found myself on the side of HY10. Shortly there after, a Roush transport truck pulled up in front of the car and stopped. They had been at Barrett-Jackson and was headding to LA and wanted to help. Long story short, they took out a car from the transport to put my car in and take me to LA. At the last minute, the car started and I was on my way. I was very impressed with their willingness to help and certainly go the extra mile.

Of course, this doesn't have anything to do with engine building or damage to vehicles, but this did leave a particular good impression on me.

Too bad about your Daytona Coup. They are beautiful vehicles and it's sad to hear of one being destroyed.

It's one thing to have an engine go but to have a shop such as Jack Roush's destroy the car in testing and not own up to it is unthinkable.
I can't imagine why such a reputable shop woud deny the damage?
Why would they fight it?

My question to you is....
Why didn't you go to their shop immedately after being notified of the accident?
If that was my car I'd be on the next plane with camera in hand.

Without having the car inspected and all damage verified/photographed with a representitave from Roush on hand you lost a lot of the case. Since no photos were taken of the accident or vehicle condition prior to shipping Roush can now fight the damage claims saying you caused damage in shipping or at your facility. It became your word against his.

I know I'm a new guy, brand new in fact, but reading your story I find information missing.

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Folks,

I am pleased to inform all of you that the dispute between Roush and me
regarding my Superformance Shelby Daytona Coupe has been resolved. Roush has made me whole.

As part of the settlement, I cannot dislcose any further details, but do want
you all to know that I sincerely appreciated all of your words of advice and
support.

Best,

Glenn Bilawsky

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Glad it worked out for you.

Although you cannot "disclose" further details, can you answer "yes" or "no" questions? That way there would be no "disclosure" by you in that specific manner, IMHO....although, I am sure, Roush might not agree.....

I'm sure I am not the only one curious about how this business with such a very large marketing presence in the field was able to satisfy you.

Cheers on you good fortune!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back