S2000 start switch

Has anyone used the Honda S2000 as a start button? I need to know the wiring for the switch. There are 5 pin connectors in the back of the switch which are not your typical spade connectors. I have the wiring diagram, but it doesn't show which pin does which function. It also only shows four wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am headed out to a Honda only bone yard to see if they have a connector or any help at all. Other models of Hondas use a start button as well, but I don't know if they are wired the same. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Try this link

Also found this...

The S2000 button has 5 pins. When looking at the front of the button, the pin directly behind the "E" in "Engine Start" is Pin 1. Pin two is next to Pin 1, and Pin 3 is in the middle. The other two pins are not used. Pin 1 is to the ignition relay, Pin 2 is to the Battery (+) Positive, and Pin 3 is to (-) Ground. If in doubt, go to the center pin (Pin 3) and you should have continuity with only one outside pin (Pin 1) when the button is pressed in. [BP] If you are using an ignition switch to turn on the power, be sure to hook up Pin 2 to an ignition hot wire, not consent hot or the car will start even with the key off.

Last edited:

Chris Duncan

Supporter
S 2000 is the only Honda I know uses a start switch separate from the key. If you use it you'll need to go through a relay as it's a very low amp switch. I have one of these and a connector, I might have an extra connector. I'm going to sell it because I don't want another relay, already have 10 of them.

good luck at the junkyard, but there was another recall for something else that had the same connector, so there were some of these laying around the shop but it's been a couple years gone by.

I also have the wiring diagram somewhere, when I get time next couple days I'll dig it up, most likely by next monday. But the description Bill found is most likely correct, you can check it with an ohm meter.

Chris Duncan

Supporter
ha ha, you must be lucky today Bill

1 green 5pin connector with 4 wires (you only need 3)

$10 shipping and handling.

And for anyone else,

1 S2000 start switch w/connector, NIB

$35

1_S2KSwitch.jpg

http://www.gt40s.com/gallery/index.php?n=377

(what's the matter with the software, it won't let me insert the full gallery image into the thread?)

After being up most of the night at the hospital(on call). I went out to the local Honda bone yard. They had a 2000 that had been picked over and I was able to get the 5 pin connector. I also had found the original wiring diagram for Honda, so was able to tell which of the two connectors was the right one(one had the three wires, one has all five slots taken up). Those guys were reluctant to cut any of the harness except the whole dash was gone and the harness had been butalized anyway. So I got the connector and now it is on to hooking it up. What you guys have posted goes exactly with what I have found. The connector fits the three wires to the left side of the switch when in the upright position. Had I found the info you guys have posted prior to buying the switch, I would have probably bought one of the prewired buttons, with the exception they aren't chromed(plastic). Cost is about the same no matter which way you go with the above info.

Bill

Attachments

• S2000 (Small).jpg
    S2000 (Small).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 379
Back