Salvation Through Jesus Christ -- Prayer

PLT-1

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hey Jim... I just gotta' ask.

Why do you click on this thread?? I mean, if it so offends you, why do you come here?

If your a fuel injection guy, and carbs offend you, why would you click on carb section??....

If you want yours, you gotta' give them theirs.
You don't know where the universe came from, no one does.
If you don't believe then THATS YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM.
Others may not share that system with you.

It's posted in the paddock, thats where it belongs, why can't you just let the guy post his well wishes and be done w/it??....

The guy has come in peace, why must he be attacked??...

Hey Jim... I just gotta' ask.

Why do you click on this thread?? I mean, if it so offends you, why do you come here?

If your a fuel injection guy, and carbs offend you, why would you click on carb section??....

If you want yours, you gotta' give them theirs.
You don't know where the universe came from, no one does.
If you don't believe then THATS YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM.
Others may not share that system with you.

It's posted in the paddock, thats where it belongs, why can't you just let the guy post his well wishes and be done w/it??....

Hi PLT-1,

I think you make some valid points, however I also think the answer to your question as to why some feel the way they do has already been given.

You have never hidden your beliefs but also you have never forced then where perhaps they would not be welcome. I appreciate that.
I don't mean you. I mean people who come on a forum which is intended for car enthusiasts and begin posting threads that I suppose they would call "internet witnessing" or some nonsense like that.

Maybe in the interests of peacemaking, it is best to agree to disagree till next time and move on.

Last edited:

PLT-1

CURRENTLY BANNED
Well, I certainly agree with that ....

That's kinda' my point...

What I have been striving to point out, and apparently failing miserably.....

Is.....

If some patrons are so offended that some one would go on a site, and post on the "Free speech" section, something they disagree with that they would post things like "How dare you come here".... "and force your beliefs"....

I mean, don't you guys see??...
That's exactly what you guys are doing....

You have come into a thread,... just as this well wisher came to this site....
You have forced your belief/non belief system into a thread that is for believers...
Just as you accuse him of doing to this site....

Of course, you know what I am going to say next...

"Oh wise and masterful healer.....
Heal thy self".....

I guess I will move on, I hope my points were well taken as I have tried to effect my point gently.

Thank you for this intellectual exercise, unless called on I will not respond further.

I hope there will be no hard feelings as I personally have none....

Last edited:
Include me with the Jims Nick. Mr Craik put it well enough.

I spent many enjoyable evenings watching Dave Allen; such a likeable, charming fellow. Sadly missed.
I'm glad you were interested, I used it on purpose. :)
You probably noticed that it is also a double entendre. ;)
You took it the way I intended for those such as yourself, I hope another may take it the way I intended for him. ;)

An Australian comedian once had a very funny idea - He went to Salt Lake City and knocked on Mormon's front doors. He asked them if they had ever considered atheism and offered them books on the subject. The responses were surprisingly familiar. :D

Enjoyed this as well :)
Spectator I: I think it was "Blessed are the cheesemakers".
Mrs. Gregory: Aha, what's so special about the cheesemakers?
Gregory: Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

Tim.

Last edited:
David, Youch!

Brings tears to the eyes just thinking about it... :stunned:

There was a time in my early years when I studied Morse. I was going to go for my Amateur radio licence. I had this idea that it might be fun to talk to someone on the other side of the world... what a silly idea. ;)
My Father, in Australia, managed to talk to people all over the world when conditions were right. Pretty amazing stuff before satellites etc.

Before you send me dots and dashes, I only did it for a few weeks and didn't complete, and it was many years ago now...

Tim.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
[QUOTEYou had better pray it's you, heaven will be hell for you both with my constant reminders who was right, :D although I might be making them from the other place;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nick,

I always wonder in this type if discussion, there are so many Religions and their beliefes are often very different.

Its not possable for them all to be right.

But is is possable for them all to be wrong. Just a thought.

Last edited:
This thread gets funnier by the day....although I am anti religion and agree with many who say religion overall is a crock of crap and in fact is responsible for much of our society's problems....I mean really how can you possible align yourself with a religion that has a history of molesting children...it is really beyond my realm of thinking..that being said, i do have the ability to separate what my bible says and what religion is trying to pump into everyone's head,,,,yes I do believe in what my bible says and yes I also see why a guy like jim doesn't believe....Jim for example has probably been unsuccessfully indoctrinated by a catholic church or the likes and he can see the obvious flaws and hypocrisy that the "CHURCH" is trying to pump into his head... good for you jim....all said and done if I had my choice between atheism and religion i would probably take atheism....its actually closer to the truth.....I will end my rant with a scripture that i hold dear...."give not which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine"
hahaha

I have previously indicated my (non) belief in religion.

Kerry Packer, a (very) wealthy newspaper/business mandarin was unfortunate enough to suffer a major heart attack whilst attending a horse racing meet. He was fortunate to be attended by one of the very few ambulances equipped with a defribullator (sp?).

Once back on his feet, he provided defib units to virtually every ambulance in the State. To be known as Packer's Whackers.

During his heart attack session, he was clinically dead. For a period of time. On his return to the living, his comment was along the lines of 'there is nothing there, no golden gate, no nothing, just black.'

Perhaps off the wall, but I have been fairly convinced that I have had a previous life as a German woman, circa mid 1940's at death. Can't seem to find reference to this in any holy book I've read.

Clive

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Look, I apologize for my loss of temper here. The fact is that I really do NOT care for people who are trying to convert strangers to their own religious beliefs. I don't like it in any denomination, including my own, and I find myself very much offended by it. I don't have a long fuse on this stuff. This is a public space, more or less, and speech should be free here. Even speech I personally loathe. As he said, I'll avoid it if I don't want to read it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jimbo,

I wonder what the reaction would be if the ones trying to convert strangers to their cult were from Scientology, Islam or the Peoples Temple?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Im my humble opinion, the religious idiots populating this car website at the moment are of almost the same deranged mentality as the Norwegian maniac Anders Behring Brevik. He has just been declared insane.
It doesn't matter how they react to this - I will never know as they are blocked anyway.

Thank you PLT.

Here is a video taken 2 days ago in the U.S. House, Mrs. Reidy proclaims the power of the gospel and exposes the politicians.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VsEBXVSC5c"]The GOSPEL[/ame]

If you side with the perversion of news corresponds then you truly have a hard heart.

To all those calling me a crack-pot... those slanderous words sadden me. Indeed, this incredible Country's tolerance for religious expression was a cornerstone of American virtue. To be fair, under the wisdom of this world, I too had once been a champion atheist. When EVER a christian would proclaim the gospel I would either escape or confront it head on. It was not until I literally experienced various spiritual encounters that, if told, would make all the hairs on your body stand up. I still bless those that curse, certainly not for my own sake :thumbsup:

If you think it is a load of bollocks, trust me, if you pray to The Lord, call on his name in pure intention, he WILL make his presence known. This is not a guess but a promise.

Keith

God love you sir....Sign in and go to User CP/Edit Ignore List. I know it's difficult for a Digger mate, but try to keep up... Mind you, if you is just grazing mate, it dun work. You 'ave to sign in for your 'Ignores' to hoperate krectly. Geddit?

Toodle pip....

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Sorry, i shouldn't be here.
i misread the title,
I thought it read salivation through Jesus,
i was naturally intrigued.....
off to my church now, to buy a round.

Last edited:
Back