Salvation Through Jesus Christ -- Prayer

My reaction is simply that I am happy for you. And if that apology is sincere then never fear, we that live free of the shackles of religion can be as forgiving as the best of them. ;)

I have considered a few further comments but I think that will do.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if the more malevolent amongst the worlds religious were to follow these footsteps. :)

Tim.

Keith

I do not understand why the original posts garnered so much negativity. In fact I don't understand why the very mention of the word "religion" sends people into a blind fury. You don't have to read it or even comment.

In any event, the word "religion" in this sense is a misnomer, it is "faith" we are talking about and everybody has to have faith in something. I mean you've got to believe in SOMETHING.

And if some people believe in Jesus Christ that's their faith, and if you believe in low slung sports cars and big knockers, well, bully for you, that's yours.. Atheism? What's not to like?

Each to their own but I get uncomfortable with the howling down of people expressing their belief or faith in a quiet backwater of a car forum or anywhere else for that matter.. :)

Remember, you will not go to prison or be beheaded in the West for showing disrespect to any number of deities which proves we're enlightened and can deal with it...

Can't we... :)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I do not understand why the original posts garnered so much negativity. In fact I don't understand why the very mention of the word "religion" sends people into a blind fury.

...'sends some people into a blind fury, Keith...depending on the religion mentioned.

For instance; have you ever seen a big uproar on this forum (or anywhere else I can think of right now for that matter) whenever Buddhism was mentioned? Hinduism? Shintoism? Bahaism? How about Confucianism?

No, generally speaking, here in the West it's only 'open season' on Christianity - especially for people on the far left. In fact, they will even make excuses for and defend Islam from time to time despite 9/11 and all that led up to it and all that's followed. So, why is it only 'open season' on Christianity for some people?? IMHO for the very reason you which you eluded: They know Christians won't be calling for - and taking - their heads.

Movin' on now...

Keith

I have to agree Larry. The 'anti-Christian' movement here (otherwise known as the Secular Society) have had their sackcloth put in a bunch by David Cameron saying that GB is a Christian country. Of course, the left leaning coalition partners (Liberal Democrats) are now trying to separate Church & State, and everyone seems hell bent on burying Christianity and the English nation at one and the same time.

I don't get it. What are they afraid of?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't get it. What are they afraid of?

'Marginalize/stigmatize/get rid of Christianity (or religion in general for that matter) and the secularists would have a clear, unobstructed pathway to whatever they want to see happen...like abortion all day long, legalization of all drugs, prostitution, marriage w/o any kind of limitations whatsoever, "free stuff" for everyone, and on and on. There would be no 'moral force'/voice/opposition to stand in their way.

Anyway, this thread will now probably morph into yet another 'knock-down-and-drag-out', so, I'm packing up my folding chair and moving further up the beach...so to speak...

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
So I can't marry my car, after all? What a bunch of bluenoses. She has a variety of virtues- among which is that she shuts up when I take the key out.

My reaction is simply that I am happy for you. And if that apology is sincere then never fear, we that live free of the shackles of religion can be as forgiving as the best of them. ;)

Tim.

Thanks man! Trust me, it's nothing but sincere. I'll post later about how metamorphosis occurred :thumbsup:

Two things.

First. Most of us have absolutely no problem with his personal beliefs. But he has tried to impose his personal beliefs on those who do not share them.

Second. Religion does not spread peace and happiness. Although it says that on the can. But when you open up that can, all you find is death and destruction. Religion is the single biggest cause of war in the world, even today. The human race would be far better off without it.

You sir are totally correct.

To believe the superstition of a faith such as Christianity requires sacrifice. Foremost among them is to suspend critical logic. Before one approaches THIS faith from an obvious question such as, "Why create a confusing manner to communicate with creation?"... one first needs to examine the foundation of Christianly. If the root is bad, the whole tree is rotten.

I actually read the bible front-to-back (King James Version). The goal was to educate myself on the testaments of my faith. What I developed was a distrust of those for very same convictions.

Here are just a few points of contradiction:

The Tanakh (including the Torah), which Christians call "Old Testament", makes ZERO clear depiction of figure as prominent as the Church's Jesus. Readily it states at the end will be a utopian zenith where; world peace will reign, universal knowledge of Torah (Yahweh God's Law), with all Jews returning to the lands of Judah/Israel, and THEN a ruler in the blood line of David would take the kingly duty. Nothing about a God-Man being killed, or a Satan running the show, or even a eternal place of punishment [hell].

Next, in the "New Testament", there are so many contradictions it's difficult to begin. Jesus' has two separate linage blood lines. He claims Satan is the dark God of this material word, in contrast to how the Torah states God creates both good AND bad. Satan, meaning adversary, is simply a servant of their God's duties to 'test' and improve the conviction of God's people... not a maniacal Sith lord.

Paul the apostle NEVER met Jesus in person. He is the founder of today's church, and claims to have seen him in a vision... and tells the event 3 times in conflicting details. Hell even in the gospels, the events before and after the resurrection of Jesus are inconsistent (e.g. was there no one OR angels in the tomb -- depends on which gospel one reads).

The longest chapter Psalm 119 in the bible declares how the Torah, God's law, is the best thing ever (sweeter than any honey). Paul says it's an unbearable curse that NEEDS to be done away with. Both cannot be true.

The list goes on but I'll summarize, Jesus DOES NOT meet the criteria for a righteous king at the end of times. The Jews were supposed to experience the best time in their history then. As we know their persecution has done anything be simmer.

What happened with the rabbi Sabbatai Zevi is probably what happened with Jesus. Taking advantage of peoples' will through the context of subservience to a master country was the first step (in Jesus day this was the Roman Empire). Afterwards his followers elevated him to a pedestal. Once he was killed the people created a NEW paradigm for their messiah, accommodating his death and rationalizing it through particular verses. Fast forward hundreds of years and here we are.

Once again, I'm sorry this filth was being force upon your eyes. I was being a tool haha :heart:

P.S. I'm not Jewish. Just examining Christianly from their lens is necessary to objectively evaluate it.

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
Okay, I'm confused.

Your first post on this thread.

"From first-hand witnessing miraculous signs, visions, and events I can say without a shadow of doubt there is only One True God... and I want you to know his name -- that's why I dedicate this topic to God."

Okay, I'm confused.

Your first post on this thread.

"From first-hand witnessing miraculous signs, visions, and events I can say without a shadow of doubt there is only One True God... and I want you to know his name -- that's why I dedicate this topic to God."

Yes, indeed... that requires elaboration.

What is true is while I did witness 'miraculous' events, the reality is this phenomena does not have a religion. I ran to the nearest religious script to gain a perspective on such matters. That's one of religions most powerful stranglehold; that is, it attempts to give context for an event. The reality is through repeated bouts of believing the same dogma, my mind backwards rationalized events and created new ones out of thin air. Think self fulfilling prophecy. Super natural events ARE NOT a valid proof for one's claim to their religion -- as persons in all belief systems experience similar situations.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Can i suggest something next time you experience such events?
Instead of wasting soo much of your time....and others,
realise you clearly haven't been drinking enough & go out and buy another bottle of good quality Scotch...

Can i suggest something next time you experience such events?
Instead of wasting soo much of your time....and others,
realise you clearly haven't been drinking enough & go out and buy another bottle of good quality Scotch...

My kind sir, dearly is your advice well received...
Single malt scotch has always been a passion of mine; that and craft beer.

Back