Scratch build MK IV

Yes I have already seen, but they have 4-6 months delivery time :(
But they also do not really fit

Attachments

• Tillet.JPG
    Tillet.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 296
Hi
Seems the seats where buit like the T70 seats which are effectivly 2 seats molded in one piece and each driver was doing his own "foam adaper" to suit to the steering wheel and pedal position
I have molds from Lola sport 2liter that could match to your build ( have 2 molds one normal and one "large " but unfortunatly am in France far from you ( and anyway due to "freezing shed" no way to laminate any composite part until spring !!!!!)
Here some views I did when doing some for a racing car friend

Attachments

• IMG_0049 - Copie.JPG
    IMG_0049 - Copie.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0050 - Copie.JPG
    IMG_0050 - Copie.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 287
Yes, that would be exactly what I would need, one large and one small and then connect them.
I have also seen the T70 seat pan, that would actually be perfect. But no idea where you get such a part.

Hello,

I am installing a Woodward power steering system in my car.
Preferably with an electric hydraulic servo pump to avoid long lines from the engine to the front and save space at the engine. I have chosen the ehsp from TRW (Opel Astra).
Unfortunately, the performance is at the lower limit:
It will bring 4.5 liters per minute at 40 bars, and 3.5 at 60 bar, 2.5 liters per minute at 80 bar.

Does anyone of you know maybe a better alternative for racing?

Looking forward to your answers.
Mercedes_Servopumpe.JPG
Lenkung_2.JPG
992_Cup_Stabi_04.JPG

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Have you considered an EPAS system? I eventually went that way with mine (both shoulders have been worked on), and it was soooo much simpler than the hydraulic systems. Even some very simple OEM set-ups, using the default "limp" mode are excellent in feedback and assist. Once I got away from all the hydraulic mess, I would never go back.

I would also vote for EPAS. No plumbing, just easy wiring. Get yourself a GPS speed sensor to control assistance (parking high assistance, the more speed the less assistance).

Thanks for the references to the EPAS systems.
I have now already ordered my Woodward CF servo steering gear. Is a custom job, since no OME parts fit.
Is so also used in LMP cars.

With the next car I know many things better, then I will certainly use an EPAS system :)

Today I made a big step forward for me. After months of calculating the steering geometry and design, finding a suitable steering gear, and designing the frame connection, I have today the whole fitted into the car.
I am very happy, everything fit exactly as in the CAD model.

My anti-roll bar from the current Porsche GT3 RS factory car for the front axle and the Caymen Clubsport anti-roll bar for the rear axle have also arrived.
Front fits as designed for my car, on the rear axle I have to make it a little narrower, no big deal.
I can now mount the next few days all suspension parts for testing.

From now on it goes faster, every hour of work you can see.
Guys there are already so many hundreds of hours of work in it, without that you can see much.
But that will be different now :)

Attachments

• Lenksäule_Woodward.JPG
    Lenksäule_Woodward.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 184
  • 23_04_15_04.jpg
    23_04_15_04.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 23_04_15_03.jpg
    23_04_15_03.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 23_04_15_02.jpg
    23_04_15_02.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 23_04_15_01.jpg
    23_04_15_01.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 206
Today I mounted all parts of the front axle for the first time.
Now it looks slowly like a race car.

The front axle stabilizer from Porsche is now also mounted.
A fine part, seven times adjustable.

Now only the coating of the wishbones, the tie rods and the steering arm on the hub is missing, then the front axle incl. steering is ready.

Here are a few pictures

VA_1519.jpg

VA_1520.jpg

VA_1522.jpg

VA_1524.jpg

VA_1523.jpg

Where are you positionning the tie rod arm connected to the steering box ?
from the pics seems to be very tight space due to the antiroll bar levers :oops:
Is it only a "photo effect" ?
brae calipers are fit on rear of the upright I guess ??

Yes it's all very tight, but it works, was millimeters of work, so I had to have the steering gear specially made.
The brake calipers are mounted on the rear side

The last few days I have been working on my rims.
A complicated job, so many little things ....
Built on BBS inner and outer rims.
Unfortunately, I could not realize a concealed bolting due to the space problems.
But I like it, not quite original, but close.

Sandwich_Felge_12.JPG
Sandwich_Felge_14.JPG
Sandwich_Felge_13.JPG
Sandwich_Felge_11.JPG
Sandwich_Felge_10.JPG

Now I have the wheel hub, brake pot and the rim centering made new.
Especially the whole centering and tolerances make a lot of work.
now everything is on the current technical status in racing.
Must now first buy a torque wrench that creates the 800 Nm for the nut on the central locking....

Now I can order
Render_VA_04.JPG

Render_VA_03.JPG

Back