Shock absorbers

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Along these same lines, I am considering replacing the springs on my CAV - I never use the car on the track as I have it built for the road, so was thinking that I would soften up the springing a bit.

As I do not know what the stock CAV spring rates are, can anyone give me a ball park starting off point?

Looking for educated estimates!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
I am really satified with QA1 double adjustable on the street. Have not used on the track yet but seem more that adequate at this point. Spring rate 350 frt, 275 rr (street springs)

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I have QA1's on both Pantera's and very happy with them on both street and track. I currently have Aldan's on the GT40, but if it came time to change I'd move to QA1's.

Pat, the stock springs on my CAV No.51 were 275 lb front and 425lb rear. I felt they were a little soft and have now replaced them with 425lb at the front and 550lb at the rear.

I am using the QA1 double adjustable and I am very happy with them. They supplied the dyno sheets for the shocks and that will help you with your adjustments if you really want to get into it. If you just want to bolt on and run they are good for that as well.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Whew! I was worried when I had to make an executive decision and turn away from the Koni/Olins options due to ever-mounting costs on my project. I instead purchased the QA1 double adjustables and after seeing what appears to be a well machined piece, and the above comments, I feel a bit of relief that the choice was a respectable one.

I to have installed QA1 double adjustables all round on the race Fraser, brilliant, easy to set up , am extreemly happy with them, as good as others that are over twice the price.
cheers Kaspa

My CAV came with Spax - total crappola. I don't think they're actually doing anything. After messing with the adjustment screw there's no difference. I think I'll be looking into the QA1's.....

However, if we'd like to use another brand than QA1, what would you suggest us ?

want top dollar go to Penske or Moton. a little less koni. good shock for the money is AFCO or the best for the money is QA1 Proma star double adjustable coilover $ 289 and $ 37 to 60 for the springs. hard to beat for the street. racers may use the 4 way adjustable penskes for about $ 2400 per shock. even the 2 way adjustable is $ 850 each

Back