Silvertone GP Circuit Track Day

I've booked myself on Goldtrack's track day at Silverstone on Wednesday 21st June. It's a "noisy" sessioned day - 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off all day.

The cost is Stg295 which I think is good value for a Summer track day on the full Grand Prix circuit. Many of us have been on Goldtrack days in the past and we've always had LOTS of fun!

So.... who's going to join me?

Charles

Malcolm

Supporter
There is now a group of us going so anyone else who cares to join us to drive their car or to just spectate, you are most welcome.

I would like to come along and meet you guys and see your 40's, even though I have not managed to buy my own 40 yet. Would that be OK?

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Mark

Of course you are welcome. Of the cars going I beleive that you can expect 2 or 3 gtd40's but no guarantees. Check again before you come to find out exactly how many 40's are going.

Upon arrival at the entrance gate, just say you are there for the Gold Track day and they will let you in, no fee to pay.

Thanks for that Malcom.

It will be nice to talk over the cars with owners before I jump into ownership, as there are a couple of cars for sale that I am interested in.

Silverstone

Hi James -

Book soon! - places I believe are filling fast.

So Far: Charles Kergon GTD40 / Malcolm MacAdam Prosport 3000 / Dave Parker GTD R42 / Bjorn Arnils GTD40 / Martin Weigold?? GTD40??

Should be a blast!

Hi James.

There were at least 6 GT3 RS's there, plus many other 911s ranging from 964's to full race monsters!

We had Dave in his R42, Malc in his Prosport plus me with my GTD40. Paul T came to watch, and took some photos so perhaps he'll be along soon.....

As with all Goldtrack days, the whole event went very smoothly with a high standard of driving and very few stoppages.

A great day :D

Charles

Silverstone pics

Hi Charles - all,

did'nt actually take many during the day, but these should give you the flavour of the day.

1. Malcolm chasing down his next 'ready meal' - Bacon!:D
2. and again at speed
3. Dave in amongst the 'porkers' (looks low his R42 - doesn't it)
4. and again....
5. and at speed....
6. in the pits with Charles's 40 - resting...

Only joking James.... The Porsche's were sounding great - and I've never seen so many GT3s in one place... The 911 Turbo gave spectacular flames from the rear on a trailing throttle too - should have got a piccy.

Anyway, it would appear that Malc in his prosport 3000 can hold the GT3s at bay... on the straights he 'holds position' with them, but he out-brakes them by a mile in the corners, or just drives 'around' them with the abundance of grip he has on slicks...

A great day - roll on the next one..;)
Silverstone Selection.JPG

Malcolm

Supporter
Nice pictures Paul. Have to agree, never seen so many GT3's in one place before. Always getting in the way too......hee, hee! The 911 that flamed out could hold the flame out for about 10 seconds, surprised he didn't melt his paintwork.

Dave's R42 Hangar Straight speed is just awesome, at least 20mph quicker than my 130 mph! That could have been the fastest end speed of any car there except maybe the Radical R8's. Wow!

Last edited:
p thompson said:
Anyway, it would appear that Malc in his prosport 3000 can hold the GT3s at bay... on the straights he 'holds position' with them, but he out-brakes them by a mile in the corners, or just drives 'around' them with the abundance of grip he has on slicks...

I can vouch for that!

Straight line pace was about the same, but when the GT3's started braking, Malc wasn't just still accelerating - he was taking another gear!!

A race car, on slicks and with downforce is like being in a parallel universe.

Next time, I'll remember to bring a seat cushion and some blocks for the pedals. What do you reckon, Malc :D ??

Charles

Back